Nonfiction. Here we have the cover for Star Wars: 1,000 Collectibles. Steve Sansweet and Anne Neumann take us into the depths of Rancho Obi-Wan… Okay, maybe not the depths. Look for it October 1st.
Random. TheForce.Net has some random updates on upcoming books, mostly The Clone Wars kids stuff, which honestly I’m not even trying to keep track of. There is an episode guide that might be of interest to some.
- Preview: Take a peek at the first issue of the new Star Wars Adventures digest. Apparently some have found it in the UK, but there’s been no sign of it on Diamond so I wouldn’t go looking just yet.
- The Blogside: Paul S. Kemp has thoughts on writing Crosscurrent, while Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff has two updates in her Padawan’s Journal series: Protocol Droids and Velveteen Bunnies and Mistakes Were Made.
- The Clone Wars: Don’t expect to see a paperback of Karen Traviss’ Clone Wars novel anytime soon – There are no plans to release one, says Sue Rostoni. If you absolutely must have a paperback, look to the UK version.
- Comics: DarkHorse.com has a new From the Editor, about Invasion. (Nothing we don’t already know, but we can expect an announcement in a week or so.)
- Webcomics: Third and fourth updates in The Old Republic‘s Threat of Peace.
The first three pages of Threat of Peace, a tie-in webcomic to the upcoming MMO, went up today on The Old Republic site. It starts off Act 1, ‘Treaty of Coruscant.’
And, bonus, their ‘reader’ is pretty user-friendly….
Tonight’s episode is ‘Lair of Grievous,’ which sounds kinda like a Scooby Doo episode. I’m not sure what that makes Kit Fisto, but considering who was present at Grievous’ debut it’s probably at least a little appropriate.
- Last week: I’m doing this earlier than usual, so ‘Cloak of Darkness’ isn’t up yet, but you’ll find it here when it does. In the meantime, watch the Takeuchi video!
- Webcomic: ‘The Dreams of General Grievous’ features all four artists and a peek at Grievous’ backstory.
- People: StarWars.com has Matthew Wood (Grievous) and Phil LaMarr (Kit Fisto.)
- Novels: Cover, blurb for book #3, Karen Traviss’ No Prisoners.
- Podcasts: EUC talks clones, while the Forcecast had Paul Dini and Kyle Newman.
- Spoilers: Guess who’s coming to The Clone Wars?
Your only visual Star Wars fix returns with ‘Cloak of Darkness’ tonight, complete with…. Surprise James Marsters?!? (The hell?) In less shocking news, Ashley Eckstein and a new webcomic, ‘Transfer.’ UPDATE Annnnd Olivia d’Abo.
As for the fannish side of things, the ForceCast has Kevin Rubio and a ‘Bombad Jedi’ roundtable. Plus, the Galactic Senate message boards are holding a Clone Wars fanfic contest, with actual prizes and everything. (via)
Prepare yourselves, Clone Wars fans: ‘Bombad Jedi’ airs tonight. But there is hope – it’s scripted by Kevin Rubio of Troops and Tag and Bink fame.
After a week of hiatus for Halloween, The Clone Wars returns tonight with “Downfall of a Droid.” Take a drink every time Ahsoka says “Artooey.”