And thanks to Big Shiny Robot for uploading the video clip!
September 24th, 2010 by Dunc · No Comments
September 16th, 2010 by jawajames · 4 Comments
With the start of the third season of The Clone Wars webcomic this week, fan-favorite Star Wars artist Tom Hodges has broken some new ground – adding the role of the story writer on top of the art work. Tom took the time to answer a few questions from Club Jade about this season’s webcomic, “The Valsedian Operation” and the creative process. (more…)
September 14th, 2010 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Hey! Apparently the new season of some Star Wars TV show starts up on Friday. Have you heard? (Ha.)
The clip above is courtesy Big Shiny Robot, who had several folks in San Francisco attending the red carpet premiere… And discovering some possible censorship on the part of Cartoon Network. In less controversial news, Ashley Eckstein revealed that Imperial logo earrings and Yoda pajamas are on the way from Her Universe. (What’s been getting the biggest ink is Seth Green and Matt Senreich, but been there done that.)
Check out a critical mass of red carpet photos on the StarWars.com Flickr.
If you have a craving that can’t wait, the official site has some videos featuring Dave Filoni answering your no-doubt burning questions on Leia Troopers, Plo Koon (naturally,) MASH Troopers and the fate of Rumi Paramita. Plus a profile of Anakin. Oh, Matt Lanter, you are so much prettier than that other guy.
May 17th, 2010 by Dunc · No Comments
From web to print. The Clone Wars webcomics from Pablo Hidalgo and a revolving crew of artists (Jeff Carlisle, Katie Cook, Grant Gould and Tom Hodges) will be available in a trade paperback collection in time for August’s Celebration V. StarWars.com has a first look at the book, which also contains concept art, development sketches and a forward by Dave Filoni.
Comics. The cupboard is bare for Dark Horse’s August 2010 comic solicitations. (Any chance they’ll launch something I’d actually want to read in the next year?) More hopeful, at least theoretically, are the previews for Invasion: Rescues #1 and Legacy #48.
Finish him. The last of StarWars.com’s Head to Head previews is up… And the book should be out.
→ No CommentsFiled: expanded universe · the clone wars
Tagged: bonnie burton · dave filoni · generation star wars · head to head · invasion · legacy · mary franklin · pablo hidalgo · pete vilmur · solicitations · webcomics
November 2nd, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Geek-favorite web comic xkcd’s latest tracks the characters of the original trilogy, Lord of the Rings, Jurassic Park and 12 Angry Men. Head on over to see them all in readable form.
October 1st, 2009 by jawajames · No Comments
Here’s some of the top picks out of the media build-up for Friday’s premiere of the second season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (8 PM EST/PST on Cartoon Network – 1 hour):
Some of the reports coming from The Clone Wars press event held at LucasFilm Animation:
- IGN gets geeky at Lucasfilm Animation with some interviews and exclusive clips – and asks Dave Filoni about Ahsoka’s whereabouts in Revenge of the Sith, while the voice crew discuss the benefits of recording together.
- UGO.com also gets in some time with the Wookiee Cookies and chats with Dave Filoni about the role of comedy in Star Wars.
- TVSquad apparently isn’t as nerdy, but proclaims that in the small field of action shows, SW:TCW might just be the best and highlights the darker themes and greater threats coming this season.
- Putting a completely different spin on the event, the San Francisco ABC affiliate points out non-geeky angles, such as Ashley Eckstein’s husband, second baseman for the Padres, and also hypes a bit more on the upcoming Republic Heroes game.
Meanwhile, Geekdad at Wired talks up what the new season means in his household, and mentions that Seth Green will be doing the voice of Cad Bane’s droid, Todo 360.
And of course, StarWars.com gets busy:
- The Clone Wars web comic for season 2 will form a longer story instead of the episode lead-in comics that were made for season 1. “Act on Instinct”, written by the Internet’s Pablo Hidalgo, will unfold weekly, and will bring in new faces, like Padawan Tyzen Xebec.
- In a video, voice actor Dee Bradley Baker talks about the clones as the heroes the audience can relate to in Star Wars: The Clone Wars as well as gives examples of how he can turn characters with supposedly identical voices into distinct individuals.
- There’s some nifty screenshots from The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes video game, coming out on October 6.
- Episode Guide placeholders are now up for the season premiere double-feature of episodes (“Holocron Heist” and “Cargo of Doom“). Is the latter’s message of “Overconfidence is the most dangerous form of carelessness.” an issue for Cad Bane or for Anakin?
September 14th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
There’s no stopping them now: It’s to the point where I’m having a hard time keeping them all straight. Oh well: Buy lots of toys, kids! (via)
In more timely news, StarWars.com has just posted part 3 of their pre-season webcomic, ‘Hunting the Hunters.’
August 4th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
Fate of the Jedi: Hard up for something even after the panel video? Well, you can listen to an audiobook sample of Abyss at Random House now. Seems to be the same section we got a peek at in Omen. (Thanks to Zee Zee.)
The Old Republic. I’m pretty sure I missed blogging that the second part of the TOR webcomic is well underway. (The gaming is always the first to go.)
Dark Horse. Randy Stradley reveals the one-shots on the boards. (via) And also lost in the shuffle, several previews: The Clone Wars #8, Knights of the Old Republic #44, Legacy #39 and Dark Times #14.
Holostar. Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff talks the title of her book… But no reveal of who the holostar is yet.
→ No CommentsFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: audiobooks · comics · dark times · fate of the jedi · kotor · legacy · maya kaathryn bohnhoff · previews · randy stradley · sdcc · shadow games · tcw comics · the old republic (mmo) · troy denning · webcomics
June 13th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
We’ve got a glut of new Clone Wars content last night, most notably a new webcomic, ‘Hunting the Hunters’ (a story that bridges S1 and S2,) as well as a new game and the official announcement of the ‘Clone Commandos’ DVD.
June 5th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments