So last night on the ForceCast, they were theorizing that Jon Favreau was voicing one of the mystery Mandalorians we saw in The Clone Wars S2 preview. Today, Yakface (via) are theorizing that it could be Mark Hamill. Interesting theories, but that last one sounds an awful lot like Favreau. On the other hand, there do seem to be two very different Mando voices going on in that trailer…
In less theory-based news, The Clone Wars is in TV Guide’s Sci-Fi Preview. Please join me in boggling that TV Guide is still around.
UPDATE: Whoever it may may be, it is not Mark Hamill.
And so the first season of The Clone Wars ended on Friday with a ‘Hostage Crisis’. Dave Filoni talks about bounty hunters in the episode commentary, and Bonnie interviews Corey Burton, who voices Cad Bane, Count Dooku and Ziro the Hutt. And don’t forget about the S2 preview!
And I don’t think anyone is surprised to hear that Cartoon Network has picked up the series for season 2.
- The Hidden Enemy: Read the expanded episode guide or watch the video commentary for last week’s episode. And check back later today for a guest review from The Stooge!
- Next week: Padme and Jar Jar are joined by the Michael York-voiced Dr. Nuvo Vindi in ‘Blue Shadow Virus.’ (Logan’s Run? I don’t think the target audience will remember that. I barely remember that. Try Austin Powers. Or Gilmore Girls!)
Robot Chicken: Star Wars Episode II won Annie Awards for Best Animated Television Production, Writing, and Voice Acting for Ahmed Best’s Jar-Jar. But perhaps the biggest shock was the total shut-out of WALL-E – it was beat in nearly every category it was nominated for by Kung Fu Panda. Seriously. Kung Fu Panda. The hell?
Other winners include Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs and Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Kevin Kiner was up for Music in an Animated Television Production for the ‘Rising Malevolence’ episode of The Clone Wars, but lost out to Henry Jackman, Hans Zimmer & John Powell for Secrets of the Furious Five, a Kung Fu Panda spinoff.
It’s Friday, and ‘Trespass’ debuts tonight. The episode introduces Chairman Chi Cho, voiced by Brian George, and also features quite a bit of Threepio. Get a preview with the latest webcomic, ‘Cold Snap’
- Last week: Watch ‘Defenders of Peace.’
- Reviews: CJ reader Ben Rollman (Xadrian) is doing them for Television Zombies. Here’s ‘Jedi Crash.’
- Podcast: The Force-Cast’s Clone Wars Roundtable talk ‘Defenders of Peace’ with Fanboy’s Kyle Newman.
- Merchandise: eFX is producing an Ahsoka Tano Lightsaber; Some new kid’s books from Penguin.
- Next week: The story continues in “Defenders of the Peace.”
- People: George Takei crosses fandom lines to voice General Lok Durd in next week’s episode. I hope the character survives, if only because that name demands at least one buddy episode with Dooku.
- Reviews: Waiting until Tuesday nets all the regulars: The review blog, IGN, io9 and Den of Geek.
- Comics: UK fans can pick up Clone Wars comics.