Here’s more SDCC news for you: Mimoco will be oficially unveiling an adorable C-3PO flash drive there!
There are several Star Wars items in the latest Profiles in History auction, including Threepio’s feet (above,) a TIE miniature, a Duros latex head cast, an Imperial Officer uniform and X-Wing master molds, all from from A New Hope. The Star Wars items are lots 901-905, but there’s plenty of sci-fi and action film items scattered throughout, including the Holy Grail from The Last Crusade (Lot 916.) You don’t have to be a collector to enjoy paging through the catalog PDF… (Thanks to Rach on the list!)
On StarWars.com, a Threepio character study for The Clone Wars.
A belt buckle is merely the tip of the iceberg in StarWars.com’s Ten Unauthorized C-3PO Collectibles.
- Who is Hal Wamsley, the Jawa impersonator?
- Star Wars takes over ferry terminal.
- J.K. Rowling badmouths Star Wars prequels? Or did she? Two-bit celebrity wire services, ehh.
LISTS & THE LIKE
- Eight life lessons from Star Wars all kids should learn
- Three lessons Darth Vader taught me about money.
- Time namechecks Artoo and Threepio in their obligatory gay Dumbledore article.
- Be Leia for Halloween.
- Ewan McGregor to be the face for new fragrance.
- George Lucas Educational Foundation teaches schools to be more green.
- Review of the 30 Rock episode Carrie Fisher guest-starred in.
- Interview with Natalie Portman on her appearance in tonight’s Animal Planet documentary Gorillas on the Brink. She also has a piece in this week’s Parade.
THE LAST WORD
All the stuff that got spaced
- Allies in The Clone Wars: TV show is a global production.
- Family Guy: Blue Harvest concept art
- A Sithly go-round for the classic circus poster.
- Know A Legion: Bloodfin Garrison
- Bonnie urges R2 Builders to join the space race.
- Are Artoo and Threepio robo-wimps?
Threepio and Artoo top Entertainment Weekly’s Hot ‘Bots list. Damn right. (via TFN)