- Who is Hal Wamsley, the Jawa impersonator?
- Star Wars takes over ferry terminal.
- J.K. Rowling badmouths Star Wars prequels? Or did she? Two-bit celebrity wire services, ehh.
LISTS & THE LIKE
- Eight life lessons from Star Wars all kids should learn
- Three lessons Darth Vader taught me about money.
- Time namechecks Artoo and Threepio in their obligatory gay Dumbledore article.
- Be Leia for Halloween.
- Ewan McGregor to be the face for new fragrance.
- George Lucas Educational Foundation teaches schools to be more green.
- Review of the 30 Rock episode Carrie Fisher guest-starred in.
- Interview with Natalie Portman on her appearance in tonight’s Animal Planet documentary Gorillas on the Brink. She also has a piece in this week’s Parade.
THE LAST WORD
All the stuff that got spaced
- Allies in The Clone Wars: TV show is a global production.
- Family Guy: Blue Harvest concept art
- A Sithly go-round for the classic circus poster.
- Know A Legion: Bloodfin Garrison
- Bonnie urges R2 Builders to join the space race.
- Are Artoo and Threepio robo-wimps?
Threepio and Artoo top Entertainment Weekly’s Hot ‘Bots list. Damn right. (via TFN)
C-3P0 Strikes Back! (Warning: language.) Silly and random, but I laughed. My prediction for Episode VIII? Jar-Jar ala Christopher Walken. Watch your back!
Action figures based on the original McQuarrie concept art of Metropolis-inspired Threepio and Artoo! Now that’s almost worth waiting in line for.
In other CIV news, Master Replicas will be hosting tree competitive ‘Combat Trials’.
The saga continues: Chad Vader Episode 3!
Star Wars Shadow Puppets. Is that the Audio Drama as (part of) the background? (Thanks, Bonnie!)
The Simpsons vs Star Trek. Genius!
Episode I: The Drunken Menace. Anakin’s ‘angel’ line makes a hell of a lot more sense in this context…
R2-D2 and C-3PO will be among 150 objects that will remain on display while the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History undergoes renovation. The National Air and Space Museum, home to the Magic of Myth exhibition, will be hosting.
Another article about the Charles Ross. He’s in the U.K. now.