October 6th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
September 24th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
At least for one particularly dedicated gamer. PopSci recently spotlighted Brian De Vitis’ customized Artoo cooler, which holds the relevant technical bits of eight consoles, a sound system, and a projector. (via)
September 15th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
January 4th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
November 12th, 2008 by Dunc · 5 Comments
It’s mostly idle curiosity on my part, as I created a Twitter account for the blog the other day. You don’t need an account there to read it, nor do you really need to read it. I fully plan to incorporate most of what is linked there into roundup posts here in time… You know, all that news that doesn’t really justify more than a line or two. This is nothing more than a quick and easy way to get it out there. But if you’re already Twitterified, go ahead and follow it! I promise, you won’t be hearing about what I had for lunch or anything.
In the meantime, fill out the poll! (If you marked ‘Other,’ go ahead and specify here.) And remember, friends don’t let friends use MySpace. (more…)
November 5th, 2008 by Dunc · 10 Comments
CNN debuted their
in-studio ‘hologram’ last night! It ‘beams in’ like Trek, but the overall effect is Star Wars – Anderson Cooper was not the only news person I saw confused on that front last night. Still, technology! Whoo!
October 20th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
September 12th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Politics: When in the GFFA…
- Technology: Phonesaber returns… as a The Force Unleashed tie-in? At least it’s free! Also, people are creating Star Wars vehicles in Spore.
- Lists: io9 thoughtfully includes Revenge of the Sith in their list of the best skin-melting scenes from sci-fi. Melting, frying… They’re almost the same thing! (And apparently Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn’t count.)
- Hipsters! Hold onto your Pabst, Star Wars is live (and authorized!) in San Francisco this weekend.
- Funny: You want to read this tale of customer service woe. Just trust me. (Warning: Language.)
August 11th, 2008 by Yav · 2 Comments
This would be highly convenient. Why should Harry Potter have all the fun?