- At least it’s more respectable than Twilight: Diana Gabaldon’s wildly popular time-travel romance series Outlander has been optioned by Essential Films, with Braveheart’s Randall Wallace on script. This is great news… For my mother!
- I did not know this: Ewan McGregor is in The Da Vinci Code follow-up Angels & Demons. Is his Italian accent better than his American one?
- On-again, off-again: Preacher is back on the big-screen menu. For now.
- DO NOT WANT: An eight-hour Superman movie? Dude, no. Just no.
There is injustice in this world. Most notably, there is the total state of disrepair of the house where Superman was created. So it is that a charity is born: The Siegel and Shuster Society.
Not only do they hope to raise funds to revive the home, but they also hope to become a group that encourages random acts of kindness.
So if you can’t scrape up enough dough to help restore the home, you can make Superman proud by doing something kind today.
Up, up and away!
A federal judge ruled Wednesday that they are entitled to a part of the copyright on the character that Siegel co-created. Time Warner, the parent company of D.C. Comics, may owe the heirs for use of the character since 1999. The ruling, if upheld, will no doubt complicate matters for a Superman Returns sequel and Justice League film.
Today’s biggie: a new trailer for Pixar’s Wall-E. Sorry Artoo – there’s a new adorable robot in town.
- Michael Caine praises Heath Ledger’s performance in The Dark Knight.
- Hitchhiker’s Guide To The Galaxy not getting a sequel. I don’t think anyone is going to mind.
- Bay and ILM promise to step it up on Transformers 2.
- Zachary Quinto gushes about Trek co-stars.
- Krypton footage may make Superman Returns sequel.
- Next on the remake trail: Friday the 13th.
- Zachary Quinto as Spock? Leonard Nimoy, watch your back!
- Check out The Golden Compass posters! Daniel Craig looks bizarrely Hobbit-like.
- Tron is 25? Hehe, Tron.
- Spider-Man movies look to keep on truckin’.
- Kevin Spacey to return as Lex Luthor. I still haven’t seen the first one. Will it ever come to HBO?
- Wolverine? Maybe.
I can’t keep up with all this Indy news,
and no Jaders are volunteering. You should try the Unofficial Indiana Jones Movie Blog.
- An Anne of Green Gables prequel? Do not want!
- Make yourself a Simpson avatar.
- Don’t hold your breath for another Superman.
- Rumor mill: Cast list for Watchman adaption.
- First look at Beowulf. Uh… okay!
- Collector’s Edition DVD of Serenity Do Browncats still pelt their friends with DVDs?Do they take requests?
Sean Connery ‘considering’ Indy IV. Speaking of sorta maybe Indy stuff, be warned that Indy rumor-ridden young actor Shia LaBeouf will be hosting this Saturday’s Saturday Night Live. Indiana Jones jokes are likely!
In other rumor news, could Orlando Bloom be considering a role in the sequel to Superman Returns? I’m not feeling it.
Harvey Dent is appearing in The Dark Knight but his alter ego Two-Face is less likely.
And enough about that – I both kind of want to see and yet dread the Nancy Drew movie, but here’s some pictures to get the preteens excited.
And lastly The Voyage of the Dawn Treader may have found a director. Don’t screw it up, Hollywood – it’s my favorite. (Irony!)
Say what you will about the Expanded Universe and its many flaws, but at least no one ever tried to mind-whammy a Skywalker into doing porn. (Fanfic writers: Sssshhh!)