For the Americans, have a safe and happy Fourth, and remember, if you must blow stuff up, at least be safe about it: We don’t want to give any stray Jedi a headache. For our international friends, a stormtrooper with a bubble wand, which is legal, festive, and appropriate for all outdoor occasions. (Photo by rmkooi at Flickr.)
In the spirit of the season, Scalzi has rated Sci Fi movies by their explosions. Both Star Wars and Return of the Jedi make the cut.
Do you take this fan… Two Star Wars weddings made it on the internet this week! The first, in the UK, featuring a full party of costumed guests. The second, in the Philippines, features a stormtrooper-inspired gown, at right… And lightsabers. Naturally.
Meet the Wellington Dance Trooper, aka Shane Cornwell of New Zealand.
He’s baaaack…. (via)
- Photo fun Adventures in Stormtrooping with a little help from The Simpsons, Cobra Commander, Hellboy and a very naughty Wall-E.
- The blogside: John Scalzi theorizes that George wants to release Star Wars in 3-D to beat Gone With the Wind in the all-timers. Seems a bit of a reach to me: If that was the case, why all this waiting? Has George seen Coraline?
- Cake: Bearded Obi-Wan is full of… Strawberry jam? I’m sure there’s a Spaceballs joke in there somewhere.
- Travels: Yoda sees the world.
- Videos: Unreality magazine gathers ten of the best Star Wars parody, remix and mash-up videos. We’ve seen most of these before, but there’s never a bad time for a refresher.
- Fans: Danny Choo, aka the Tokyo Dance Trooper, will be guest-blogging at Boing Boing this week.
- The Blogside: If Children Were More Like Ewoks, I Might Actually Want Some.
- Language: Learn Japanese from… Yoda? (via)
- Lists: Ten things science fiction got wrong.