Entertainment Weekly has the Clone Wars trailer that was shown during Star Wars Weekends at Disney, as well as some hints from Dave Filoni.
— Inyri (@inyriforge) May 20, 2012
Anyone who can invoke the Star Wars prequels to explain something ridiculous in history is okay with me
— Matt Dusenbury (@MattDusenbury) May 19, 2012
Think how boring #StarWars would be if the Empire used cloud computing instead of data tapes.
— bob calhoun (@bob_calhoun) May 16, 2012
When I retire I’m going to write a screenplay for a gritty new soap opera featuring the Ewoks from #StarWars. It’s called EastEndors.
— James Bond (@JerkBond) May 16, 2012
Cindal goes soap?
Put a load into the dryer and had to twist every dial to correct setting. I won’t lie to you: it made me feel like a Space Captain #StarWars
— Will ‘Chief’ Roberts (@willrob7) May 15, 2012
Spike was showing the prequels this weekend, so naturally Twitter chatter followed. Head beneath the cut, my padawans… Continue reading
So the CJ Tumblr is coming along. It was born from last-minute disappointment, but I’ve actually found it fairly useful for stuff that I just don’t have the time to really blog. (It’s the new fandom minute!) This week we’ve featured so far, among other things…
- I am probably never going to go to Star Wars Weekends, but there are exactly two things about it that I like: The Hyperspace Hoopla and the hilarious posters. (I also collected most of the new Her Universe stuff, so you can plan out your weekend shopping.)
- Before Dave Filoni ran The Clone Wars, he worked on Avatar: The Last Airbender. See the crossover image he created when he left.
- This adorable comic: Star Wars vs. The Avengers, as well as some comparisons.
- Yet more adorable comics! These two, by Chris Gugliotti, feature Boba Fett and the Rancor.
- Jedi and Sith cocktails. Of course the Jedi would think coconut rum was a good idea. Of course.
- The greatest YOLO post of all time. Well, one of them, maybe.
- And, of course, filk.
Well, that was quick. (Also, big thumbs-up for ‘Smooth Criminal’ cover.)
The lightweight “costume tunic top” will come in sizes S-XXL for girls, Ashley said today. Look for it at Disney World when the Weekends start up later this month.
Disney and More theorizes that Disneyland Paris may be getting far more than a Star Tours upgrade: There may be an entire section of Discoveryland devoted to Star Wars. It won’t be like the image above – a previously published concept by Tim Delaney that imagines a reskinned Space Mountain – but may involve a Jedi Academy like the U.S. parks have and a Mos Eisley Cantina-inspired restaurant. (via)
James Arnold Taylor’s one man show, as performed at Disney’s Star Wars Weekends this year.
Star Wars Weekends fallout! Here’s the inevitable bootleg copy of the new Clone Wars S4 trailer that was shown at Disney World over the weekend. Watch it before it gets copyright-killed, or be resigned to wait until they release it on StarWars.com when the Weekends are over. (via)
Let’s face it – for some of us (or maybe just me) – the appeal of Star Wars Weekends and Star Tours II is rather limited. However, this is one thing I look forward to every year from Disney World, and that is the Hyperspace Hoopla Dance-Off. Here’s the latest: Enjoy!