Counties can have mayors? Huh. (In my area we have ‘county executives.’)
December 4th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
November 24th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
College Humor has five Star Wars status updates that are should make you smile. (At least.)
October 4th, 2009 by Dunc · 25 Comments
As the legion of Star Wars accounts on Twitter grows, it’s getting harder to keep track of. It’s impossible to list everyone, but here are a few accounts that may be of interest.
Please note that although we provide this page as a service to fans to find official accounts and other people they may wish to follow, we do not encourage pestering or harassing celebrities and/or other fans. Please be respectful to the celebrities and each other.
- Carrie Fisher (@CarrieFFisher) Played Princess Leia in the original trilogy.
- Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) Played Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy.
- Anthony Daniels (@ADaniels3PO) Played C-3PO in all six movies.
- Ewan McGregor (@mcgregor_ewan) Played Obi-wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy.
- Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) All -around badass; Played Mace Windu in the prequel trilogy.
- David Prowse (@isDARTHVADER) Played Darth Vader (in the suit) for the original trilogy.
- Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) Played Chewbacca in the original trilogy and ROTS.
- Bonnie Piesse (@BonniePiesse) Played Beru Lars in AOTC and ROTS.
- Ahmed Best (@ahmedbest) Played Jar Jar Binks in the prequels.
- Warwick Davis (@WarwickADavis) Played Wicket W. Warrick in Return of the Jedi as well as several characters in The Phantom Menace and many other films.
- Ray Park (@PARKYBOY74) Played Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
- Richard LeParmentier (@AdmiralMotti) Played Admiral Motti in A New Hope.
- Joel Aron ( @joelaron ) Visual effects on Revenge of the Sith, The Clone Wars
- Bad Robot (@bad_robot) Home base of Episode VII director J.J. Abrams.
- Dave Filoni (@dave_filoni) Supervising director of The Clone Wars, Rebels.
- Phil Tippett (@PhilTippett) VFX artist who now heads Tippet Studio; Did stop motion effects for ANH and ESB.
- Greg Weisman (@Greg_Weisman) Writer on Rebels. Worked on Gargoyles, Young Justice.
- Matthew Wood (@matthewood) Skywalker Sound; Voice of General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars.
- Matt Lanter (@MattLanter) Voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars
- Ashley Eckstein (@HerUniverse) Voice of Ahsoka Tano. Used mostly for Her Universe business, and also listed under licensees, but Ashley shares other stuff here as well.
- James Arnold Taylor (@JATactor) Voice of Obi-Wan in The Clone Wars
- Catherine Taber (@cattaber) Voice of Padme Amidala in The Clone Wars
- Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer) Voice of Darth Maul on The Clone Wars, Galen Marek/Starkiller in The Force Unleashed.
- Dee Bradley Baker (@deebradleybaker) Voice of The Clone Wars clonetroopers.
- Phil LaMarr (@phillamarr) Voice of The Clone Wars’ Kit Fisto.
- Meredith Salenger (@MeredthSalenger) voiced Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars.
- Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) Voice of Dengar in The Clone Wars. Director/Actor, Shaun of the Dead, Scottie in Star Trek prequel/reboot.
- Greg Proops (@GregProops) Voice of Beed Annodue in The Phantom Menace.
- Peter Serafinowicz (@serafinowicz) Voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
- StarWars.com (@starwars)
- The Clone Wars (@TheCloneWars) Official account for the show.
- Star Wars Celebration (@SW_Celebration)
- Star Wars Books (@DelReyStarWars) Del Rey’s Star Wars folks.
- Her Universe (@heruniverse)
- Chronicle Books (@ChronicleBooks)
- Dark Horse Comics (@DarkHorseComics)
- Del Rey Books (@DelReyBooks)
- DK Publishing (@DKPublishing)
- Gentle Giant (@gentlegiantltd)
- Lucasarts (@lucasartsgames)
- The (proposed) Lucas Cultural Arts Museum (@lucasmuseum)
- The Old Republic MMO (@swtor)
- Sideshow Collectibles (@collectsideshow)
- Star Wars: In Concert (@SWInConcert)
- Star Wars Insider (@SW_Insider)
- Please note that George Lucas himself does not have a Twitter account, only numerous impostors.
- Chris Argyropoulos (@ThatChrisA) Lucasfilm Publicist
- Dan Brooks (@dan_brooks) Works for StarWars.com
- Tracy Cannobbio (@Tcann13) Lucasfilm Publicist
- Mary Franklin (@MaryLFL) Sr. Event Lead for Lucasfilm, queen of all she surveys
- Jennifer Heddle (@jenheddle) Senior Editor (fiction) at Lucasfilm.
- Pablo Hidalgo (@infinata) Brand Communication Manager for Lucasfilm, author, internet rockstar
- Leland Chee (@HolocronKeeper) Keeper of the Holocron, Lucas Licensing
- Matt Martin (@missingwords) Works for StarWars.com
- Erich Schoeneweiss (@Darth_Duff) Del Rey editor
- Randy Stradley (@Randy_Stradley) Vice President of Publishing, Dark Horse Comics
- Aaron Allston (@aaronallston) Author, X-Wing, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi series.
- Kevin J. Anderson (@TheKJA) Author, The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Corinna Bechko (@CorinnaBechko) Writer, Legacy
- Haden Blackman (@HadenBlackman) LucasArts / Writer, The Force Unleashed
- Jeremy Barlow (@Jeremy_Barlow) Writer / Dark Horse editor
- Bonnie Burton (@bonniegrrl) Writer, You Can Draw: Star Wars
- Nathan P. Butler (@swfanworks) Writer, ‘Equals and Opposites’ / StarWarsFanWorks.com
- Chris Cassidy (@Yav14) Writer, ‘Precipice’
- James.S.A.Corey (@JamesSACorey) aka Daniel Abraham (@AbrahamHanover) and Ty Franck. Authors, Empire and Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves.
- Paul Ens (@paulens) Writer, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome, ‘Evasive Action’ webstrips / Owner of Red 5 Comics / Former Director of Lucas Online
- Jason Fry (@jasoncfry) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Christie Golden (@ChristieGolden) Author, Fate of the Jedi
- Kevin Hearne (@KevinHearne) Author, upcoming Empire and Rebellion Luke novel.
- Helen Keier (@HelenKeier) Writer, The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Drew Karpyshyn (@DrewKarpyshyn) Author, Darth Bane novels.
- Paul S. Kemp (@Paulskemp) Author, Crosscurrent
- Tim Lebbon (@timlebbon) Author, Dawn of the Jedi novel
- John Jackson Miller (@jjmfaraway) Writer, Knights of the Old Republic, Kenobi
- Abel G. Peña (@ThePhilodoxer) Writer, things fanboys love
- J. W. Rinzler (@jwrinzler) Writer, The Making of Star Wars, other nonfiction.
- Joe Schreiber (@joeschreiber1) Author, Death Troopers
- Mike Stackpole (@MikeStackpole) Author, X-Wing series
- Matthew Stover (@MWStover ) Author, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, Revenge of the Sith novelization.
- Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) Writer, Invasion comic.
- Paul Urquhart (@quhart) Writer, The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Dan Wallace (@danwall88) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Martha Wells (@marthawells1) Author, Empire and Rebellion: Razor’s Edge
- Sean Williams (@adelaidesean) Author, The Force Unleashed novelizations
- Ryder Windham (@ryderwindham)
- Brian Wood (@brianwood) Writer, Star Wars, the comic that began in 2013
- Matt Busch (@Matt_Busch)
- Katie Cook (@katiecandraw)
- Dave Dorman (@DaveDorman)
- Nicole Falk (@nicolefalk13)
- FETTS (@FETTS)
- Nathan Hamill (@NathanHamill)
- Gabriel Hardman (@gabrielhardman)
- Jessica Hickman (@garthim)
- Tom Hodges (@hodgesart)
- Leah Mangue (@LMangueArt)
- Randy Martinez (@randymartinez)
- Cyn Narcisi (@CynDraws)
- Amy Pronovost (@amarafox)
- Cat Staggs (@CatStaggs)
- Denise Vasquez (@denisevasquez)
- 501st Legion (@501stLegion) Costume group. Check out who they’re following for individual garrisons.
- Rebel Legion (@rebellegion) Costume group.
- EU Cantina (@EUCantina)
- EU Cast (@EUCast)
- Galactic Binder (@galacticbinder)
- Kitbashed, the Origins of Star Wars (@Kitbashed)
- Knights Archive (@KnightsArchive)
- New Jedi Order Encyclopedia (@njoenews)
- RebelScum (@rebelscumnews)
- Tosche Station (@Tosche_Station)
- TheForce.net (@theforcenet)
- TFN’s Jedi Council forums (@jedicounciltfn)
- Star Wars Action News (@swactionnews)
- White Hot Room (@OurWhiteHotRoom)
- And of course, @clubjade
- Tricia Barr (@fangirlcantina) Runs Fangirlcantina.com
- Mandy Bulat (@mandybu) Jader, comic lover, hilarious.
- Dan Curto (@dancurto) – Collector, toy photographer.
- Danny Choo (@dannychoo) The Tokyo Dance Trooper
- James Floyd (@jamesjawa) Our own Jawajames!
- Mark Hurliman (@illogicalRogue2) – EUCast host.
- Albin Johnson (@tk210) Founder of the 501st
- Justin LaSalata (@JustinL81) U.S. News Editor for JediNews
- Gus Lopez (@toysrgus) Collector, author.
- Andrew Lupi (@MasterAndrew15) – EUCantina content manager.
- Peter Morrison (@PeteMorrisonLR) – Runs Lightsaber Rattling
- Kyle Newman (@kyle_newman) Director, Fanboys
- Shea Standefer (@shea_standefer) Costumer, artist.
- Bryan Young (@BigShinyRobot) aka the Star Wars Examiner.
- Admiral Ackbar (@Ackbar)
- Chewbacca (@Chewbacca)
- Darth Vader (@darthvader)
- Stormtrooper TK 329 (@TK329)
- R2-D2 (@r2d2)
- Ziro the Hutt (@ZirotheHutt)
- There are a lot of characters and RPGers on Twitter – far too many for me to list here. Luckily, someone else has already done it! (Thanks to officefangirl86!)
- Death Star PR (@deathstarpr)
- Lucasfilm Mouse (@lucasfilmmouse) A mouse.
- Robot Chicken (@cyborgturkey)
- ThinkGeek (@thinkgeek) Geek web store
- Star Wars Jokes (@StarWarsJokes) by @stoogey
- Star Wars Scripts (@StarWarsScripts)
- Cleolinda Jones (@cleolinda) Snarker, Movies in 15 Minutes
- Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) Actress, Fanboys, Veronica Mars
- Felicia Day (@feliciaday) Actress, Dr. Horrible, The Guild
- Seth Green (@sethgreen) Robot Chicken.
- Jon Favreau (@Jon_Favreau) Director, Iron Man
- Jaime King (@Jaime_King) Actress, Fanboys, Sin City
- Greg Grunberg (@greggrunberg) Actor, Heroes, Alias
- J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) Author, Harry Potter series
- William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) William. Shatner.
- Joss Whedon (@josswhedon) Geek god, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, The Avengers, etc.
- Will Wheaton (@wilw) Actor, internet superstar
- Weird Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) Duh.
→ 25 CommentsFiled: expanded universe · fandom · people · star wars
Tagged: ahmed best · anthony daniels · carrie fisher · james arnold taylor · licensees · matt lanter · matthew wood · ray park · social networking · starwars.com · voice actors · warwick davis
September 15th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
- Wide world of puns. The University of Michigan has a quarterback named Tate Forcier. You don’t even have to imagine: They’ve already been made.
- Action figures in action. Bonnie interviews Stéfan Le Dû about his Stormtroopers 365 project.
- Internet inevitability. Animals with lightsabers, the blog. (via)
- Freeform advice. What would Han Solo do?
- Randomly… Den of Geek praises the sci-fi corridor.
→ No CommentsFiled: fandom
Tagged: action figures · darth vader · han solo · lightsabers · photography · social networking · spoofs · sports · stormtroopers
September 8th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
When the stormies come marching in. io9 goes for the cheap and easy with a roundup of Star Wars fan art inspired by religious art. Half of it is photoshoppery and such that we’ve seen before, but the icons by Patrick King are pretty cool.
Theories. Some day George will want to buy a tropical island and sit around drinking mai tais all day, and then I’ll consider Disney buying Lucasfilm an actual possibility. For one thing, I don’t think the FCC would be too thrilled about it…
Facebook. There’s an unofficial Celebration V fan page you can join, if so inclined. Meanwhile, the latest tidbit on the con? You can win a free trip to it. Does that mean we’ll get a date before Halloween? We can but dream…
McAdvertising. Vader is shilling for McDonalds in Europe.
Lists. The Falcon and a couple of other Star Wars ships on Den of Geek’s top 75 spaceships.
→ No CommentsFiled: fandom · lucasfilm
Tagged: advertising · art · celebration v · darth vader · disney · fan art · lists · photoshoppery · social networking · spaceships
January 5th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
So, the Twitter is pretty smoking, in that there are 300+ postings in the space of about a month and a half. And while most of the stuff over there does make it over here eventually as promised, not all of it does. Consider that a bonus for Twitter users. I am looking into a way to get it on the sidebar of the blog here (it takes a bit of research: there are about a million plugins to do it) but nothing annoyingly Loudtwitter-esque, I promise.
And since so many of you are on Facebook, well, there’s something for you, too: The Networked Blogs app, which lets you ID yourself as a reader of Club Jade, or any other blog you might fancy. Livejournalers, which came #2 in the poll, have long had
November 12th, 2008 by Dunc · 5 Comments
It’s mostly idle curiosity on my part, as I created a Twitter account for the blog the other day. You don’t need an account there to read it, nor do you really need to read it. I fully plan to incorporate most of what is linked there into roundup posts here in time… You know, all that news that doesn’t really justify more than a line or two. This is nothing more than a quick and easy way to get it out there. But if you’re already Twitterified, go ahead and follow it! I promise, you won’t be hearing about what I had for lunch or anything.
In the meantime, fill out the poll! (If you marked ‘Other,’ go ahead and specify here.) And remember, friends don’t let friends use MySpace. (more…)
November 9th, 2007 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Slashfilm came across a fan-made poster that spans the entire saga. I’m usually not a huge fan of the collage aesthetic, but I gotta admit this one is pretty nifty.
- This week saw the release of Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga – and yesterday the game’s developer, TT Games, was purchased by Warner Brothers. Guess all that hard Wiisaber work paid off.
- The Discovery returned safely to Earth on Wednesday – presumably with lightsaber intact.
- Fan compiles relevant screenshots from The Clone Wars videos on StarWars.com.
- BBC interviews ANH prop hauler.
- Humor site Aniboom casts U.S. primary candidates and assorted other political types in Star Wars roles. It’s… about what you’d expect. Meh.
- Know A Legion: Neon City Garrison.
- TOS interviews Dick DeBartolo, who penned (all? some of? most?) Mad’s Star Wars film spoofs.
- McClatchy review of The Star Wars Vault.
→ 3 CommentsFiled: expanded universe · fandom · gaming · space & science · star wars · star wars on tv · the clone wars
Tagged: 501st legion · a new hope · fan art · insider · interviews · lego · mad magazine · nasa · politics · saga · social networking · sw vault
October 22nd, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
There’s just not enough Star Wars out here on the internets, so Yahoo has partnered up with LFL to bring us The World of Star Wars. Hrm.
July 25th, 2007 by Dunc · 5 Comments
They’re business cards, dude. Well, sort of. Question is, will they catch on?