November 24th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
College Humor has five Star Wars status updates that are should make you smile. (At least.)
Filed: star wars
Tagged: social networking · spoofs
October 4th, 2009 by Dunc · 24 Comments
As the legion of Star Wars accounts on Twitter grows, it’s getting harder to keep track of. It’s impossible to list everyone, but here are a few accounts that may be of interest.
Please note that although we provide this page as a service to fans to find official accounts and other people they may wish to follow, we do not encourage pestering or harassing celebrities and/or other fans. Please be respectful to the celebrities and each other.
- Carrie Fisher (@CarrieFFisher) Played Princess Leia in the original trilogy.
- Anthony Daniels (@ADaniels3PO) Played C-3PO in all six movies.
- Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) Played Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy.
- Ewan McGregor (@mcgregor_ewan) Played Obi-wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy.
- Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) Played Chewbacca in the original trilogy and ROTS.
- Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) All -around badass; Played Mace Windu in the prequel trilogy.
- Bonnie Piesse (@BonniePiesse) Played Beru Lars in AOTC and ROTS.
- Ahmed Best (@ahmedbest) Played Jar Jar Binks in the prequels.
- Warwick Davis (@WarwickADavis) Played Wicket W. Warrick in Return of the Jedi as well as several characters in The Phantom Menace.
- Ray Park (@PARKYBOY74) Played Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
- Richard LeParmentier (@AdmiralMotti) Played Admiral Motti in A New Hope.
- Dave Filoni (@dave_filoni) Supervising director of The Clone Wars.
- Seth Green (@sethgreen) Robot Chicken, upcoming comedy series.
- Phil Tippett (@PhilTippett) VFX artist who now heads Tippet Studio; Did stop motion effects for ANH and ESB.
- Matthew Wood (@matthewood) Skywalker Sound; Voice of General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars.
- Matt Lanter (@MattLanter) Voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars
- James Arnold Taylor (@JATactor) Voice of Obi-Wan in The Clone Wars
- Catherine Taber (@cattaber) Voice of Padme Amidala in The Clone Wars
- Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer) Voice of Darth Maul on The Clone Wars, Galen Marek/Starkiller in The Force Unleashed.
- Dee Bradley Baker (@deebradleybaker) Voice of The Clone Wars clonetroopers.
- Phil LaMarr (@phillamarr) Voice of The Clone Wars’ Kit Fisto.
- Meredith Salenger (@MeredthSalenger) voiced Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars.
- Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) Voice of Dengar in The Clone Wars. Director/Actor, Shaun of the Dead, Scottie in Star Trek prequel/reboot.
- Greg Proops (@GregProops) Voice of Beed Annodue in The Phantom Menace.
- Peter Serafinowicz (@serafinowicz) Voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
Lucasfilm and licensees
Other official types
- Mary Franklin (@MaryLFL) Sr. Event Lead for Lucasfilm, queen of all she surveys.
- Jennifer Heddle (@jenheddle) Senior Editor (fiction) at Lucasfilm.
- Pablo Hidalgo (@infinata) Brand Communication Manager for Lucasfilm, author, internet rockstar.
- Leland Chee (@HolocronKeeper) Keeper of the Holocron, Lucas Licensing
- Meagan Finnerty (@MeaganFinnerty) Assistant to Dave Filoni
- Matt Martin (@missingwords) Works for StarWars.com
- Erich Schoeneweiss (@Darth_Duff) Del Rey editor.
- Randy Stradley (@Randy_Stradley) Vice President of Publishing, Dark Horse Comics
- Kevin J. Anderson (@TheKJA) Writer, The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Haden Blackman (@HadenBlackman) LucasArts / Writer, The Force Unleashed
- Jeremy Barlow (@Jeremy_Barlow) Writer / Dark Horse editor
- Bonnie Burton (@bonniegrrl) Writer, You Can Draw: Star Wars
- Nathan P. Butler (@swfanworks) Writer, ‘Equals and Opposites’ / StarWarsFanWorks.com
- Chris Cassidy (@Yav14) Writer, ‘Precipice’
- Paul Ens (@paulens) Writer, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome, ‘Evasive Action’ webstrips / Owner of Red 5 Comics / Former Director of Lucas Online
- Jason Fry (@jasoncfry) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Helen Keier (@HelenKeier) Author, The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Drew Karpyshyn (@DrewKarpyshyn) Writer, Darth Bane novels.
- Paul S. Kemp (@Paulskemp) Author, Crosscurrent
- John Jackson Miller (@jjmfaraway) Writer, Knights of the Old Republic
- Abel G. Peña (@ThePhilodoxer) Writer, things fanboys love
- J. W. Rinzler (@jwrinzler) Writer, The Making of Star Wars, other nonfiction.
- Joe Schreiber (@joeschreiber1) Author, Death Troopers
- Mike Stackpole (@MikeStackpole) Author, X-Wing series
- Matthew Stover (@MWStover ) Author, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, Revenge of the Sith novelization.
- Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) Writer, Invasion comic.
- Dan Wallace (@danwall88) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Sean Williams (@adelaidesean) Author, The Force Unleashed novelizations
- Ryder Windham (@ryderwindham)
Fan sites and the like
- Cleolinda Jones (@cleolinda) Snarker, Movies in 15 Minutes
- Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) Actress, Fanboys, Veronica Mars
- Felicia Day (@feliciaday) Actress, Dr. Horrible, The Guild
- Jon Favreau (@Jon_Favreau) Director, Iron Man
- Jaime King (@Jaime_King) Actress, Fanboys, Sin City
- Greg Grunberg (@greggrunberg) Actor, Heroes, Alias
- Naomi Novik (@naominovik) Author, Temeraire series.
- J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) Author, Harry Potter series
- William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) William. Shatner.
- Will Wheaton (@wilw) Actor, internet superstar
- Weird Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) Duh.
Make your own suggestions – or just share your own Twitter credentials – in the comments.
Filed: expanded universe · fandom · people · star wars
Tagged: ahmed best · anthony daniels · carrie fisher · james arnold taylor · licensees · matt lanter · matthew wood · ray park · social networking · starwars.com · voice actors · warwick davis
September 15th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
Today on Spacebook.. This t-shirt design by Hogboy has been making the rounds. I would dare take a guess that this genius is the inspiration.
Tagged: action figures · darth vader · han solo · lightsabers · photography · social networking · spoofs · sports · stormtroopers
September 8th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
When the stormies come marching in. io9 goes for the cheap and easy with a roundup of Star Wars fan art inspired by religious art. Half of it is photoshoppery and such that we’ve seen before, but the icons by Patrick King are pretty cool.
Theories. Some day George will want to buy a tropical island and sit around drinking mai tais all day, and then I’ll consider Disney buying Lucasfilm an actual possibility. For one thing, I don’t think the FCC would be too thrilled about it…
Facebook. There’s an unofficial Celebration V fan page you can join, if so inclined. Meanwhile, the latest tidbit on the con? You can win a free trip to it. Does that mean we’ll get a date before Halloween? We can but dream…
McAdvertising. Vader is shilling for McDonalds in Europe.
Lists. The Falcon and a couple of other Star Wars ships on Den of Geek’s top 75 spaceships.
Filed: fandom · lucasfilm
Tagged: advertising · art · celebration v · darth vader · disney · fan art · lists · photoshoppery · social networking · spaceships
January 5th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
So, the Twitter is pretty smoking, in that there are 300+ postings in the space of about a month and a half. And while most of the stuff over there does make it over here eventually as promised, not all of it does. Consider that a bonus for Twitter users. I am looking into a way to get it on the sidebar of the blog here (it takes a bit of research: there are about a million plugins to do it) but nothing annoyingly Loudtwitter-esque, I promise.
And since so many of you are on Facebook, well, there’s something for you, too: The Networked Blogs app, which lets you ID yourself as a reader of Club Jade, or any other blog you might fancy. Livejournalers, which came #2 in the poll, have long had to friend. All the LJ feeds have been a bit sluggish lately, but they get the job done.
Filed: club jade
Tagged: livejournal · social networking
November 12th, 2008 by Dunc · 5 Comments
You may have noticed our latest sidebar poll, which went up a few days ago, is about social networking sites.
It’s mostly idle curiosity on my part, as I created a Twitter account for the blog the other day. You don’t need an account there to read it, nor do you really need to read it. I fully plan to incorporate most of what is linked there into roundup posts here in time… You know, all that news that doesn’t really justify more than a line or two. This is nothing more than a quick and easy way to get it out there. But if you’re already Twitterified, go ahead and follow it! I promise, you won’t be hearing about what I had for lunch or anything.
In the meantime, fill out the poll! (If you marked ‘Other,’ go ahead and specify here.) And remember, friends don’t let friends use MySpace. (more…)
Filed: polls and quizzes · space & science
Tagged: social networking · technology
November 9th, 2007 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Slashfilm came across a fan-made poster that spans the entire saga. I’m usually not a huge fan of the collage aesthetic, but I gotta admit this one is pretty nifty.
Filed: expanded universe · fandom · gaming · space & science · star wars · star wars on tv · the clone wars
Tagged: 501st legion · a new hope · fan art · insider · interviews · lego · mad magazine · nasa · politics · saga · social networking · sw vault
October 22nd, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
There’s just not enough Star Wars out here on the internets, so Yahoo has partnered up with LFL to bring us The World of Star Wars. Hrm.
Filed: star wars
Tagged: social networking
July 25th, 2007 by Dunc · 5 Comments
They’re business cards, dude. Well, sort of. Question is, will they catch on?
Filed: star wars
Tagged: merchandise · social networking
September 29th, 2006 by Dunc · Comments Off
Pablo lets us know that this is not the MySpace profile you’re looking for.
Filed: star wars
Tagged: pablo hidalgo · social networking · starwars.com