StarWars.com has a brand-new Alex Winger story from Charlene Newcomb today! But per usual, you need Hyperspace to read it… I’m not sure if you can buy Hyperspace for someone else, but a membership might make a nice last-minute holiday gift for your favorite WEG-reading old-schooler.
More on the Atlas. First up, there’s a live chat with Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace today at 2pm EDT at Suvudu. And there’s heaps going on at StarWars.com: Background, an online appendix, and endnotes. And there’s a new interview with Jason Fry over at Lightsabre.
Fate of the Jedi. Lightsabre also has an interview with Troy Denning.
Short stories. Hyperspace members can now read ‘Passages’ by our own Charlene Newcomb!
The blogside: Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff on alien dialogue.
Blood Oath in flux. The fan sites and forums are seeing some buzz about the strange vanishing of Elaine Cunningham’s whatever-happened-to-Zekk paperback from the various online catalogs and booksellers. (Last things we heard were a cover and a postponement.) It is rather mysterious, but I’m willing to wait this one out…
- Hyperspace/Fate of the Jedi: A Sithly short story by Christie Golden is part of the latest Fan Club Kit, as is a nice Adam Hughes poster from Dark Horse and a lot of Clone Wars stuff.
- The Blogside: Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff on How is a Star Wars Novel Like a Rollercoaster?
- Comics: Jo Chen walks us through the creation of the cover for Invasion #1.
- The Old Republic: Issue #8 of the Threat of Peace webcomic is up… Only one more to go in Act I.
The fiction is coming from inside the house! The latest piece of Hyperspace original fiction, ‘Death in the Slave Pits of Lorrd,’ is by TFN’s Adrick “TalonCard” Tolliver.
- The blogside: Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff on sidekicks.
- Printed matter: Inside Star Wars Insider #110 is a Clone Wars episode guide and an interview with Fate of the Jedi author Christie Golden just as her first book, Omen, hits.
- Fansites: The EU Cantina is restarting their book club with Darth Bane: Path of Destruction.
- Free stuff: Pat’s Fantasy Hotlist giving away a copy of The Clone Wars: No Prisoners.
The hype continues. Joe Schreiber reports that that the first look at Deathtroopers got over 50,000 page views. It’s officially big on the internet! (Plus he’ll be at NYCC this weekend with some extremely unofficial swag – the book’s soundtrack.)
Meanwhile, we have another sighting: Literary agent Colleen Lindsay, with nothing but praise.
- Solicitations: StarWars.com has the May 2009 comics, including Star Wars Adventures: Princess Leia and the Royal Ransom, Legacy #6, Knights of the Old Republic #41, Dark Times #14 and The Clone Wars #6.
- Comic: Get your Dark Times fix with ‘Blue Harvest’ part 2 on MySpace.
- Short stories: A new Hyperspace story, ‘Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Praji,’ by Nathan O’Keefe.
The latest offering is Interference from KOTOR writer John Jackson Miller, which seems to have something to do with Mandalorians in said era. Enjoy.