Really, there ought to be a band
- Speaking of the giants of modern geekdom, Entertainment Weekly snagged the Spocks, Chris Carter and Joss Whedon.
- Sam Raimi to helm Clash of the Titans remake? I’m not sure how I feel about that. Aside from the whole ‘how dare they remaked the crap classics of my childhood’ thing. CLAYMATION FOREVER!
- More viral marketing for The Dark Knight: Rent-A-Clown.
- IGN talks to Wall-E director Andrew Stanton.
- Kevin Costner is still defending Water World. Dude, let it go.
- Pirates 3 DVD details.
- Totally random rumour from Hong Kong: Natalie Portman and Jet Li making Snow White action flick?
- In Portman news that might actually have a chance of being real, the supposed poster for The Other Boleyn Girl. Let’s hope Scarlett Johansson’s English accent has improved since The Prestige.
Videos du jour
Sam Raimi tells Entertainment Weekly he’d be up to direct The Hobbit And there’s also some stuff about the Spiderman franchise, which will apparently never end. There’s even going to be a musical! Also, early reviews are showing up for Spider-Man 3 – Beware spoilers!
Edward Norton to play The Hulk; America probably just better off renting Fight Club. Seriously now, Scriptwriter Zak Penn talks Hulk, Norton, and the Avengers.
The Rumor mill
- Fantastic Four: The voice of Galactus?
- Indy IV: Sala written out in favor of ‘younger cast?’
- The Dark Knight: A scarier Joker?
Word on the street is that the powers that be are courting Sam Raimi (Spiderman, Evil Dead) to step into Peter Jackson’s shoes. Not a bad idea, but would he even be willing?