Sterling Hershey weighs in with September’s developments in the RPG realm and his take on Family Guy: Blue Harvest.
Now, we sometimes forget this in our pursuit of booze and parties, but GenCon is actually a gaming convention. Over at the TOS blogs, Sterling Hershey has the reports on the Star Wars and general RPG announcements.
For the EU fans, looks like WOTC will be making Legacy of the Force, Knights of the Old Republic, and The Force Unleashed minis.
Here’s some of what’s been going on in the outside world.
Speaking of comics, don’t bother looking for Legacy #3 in stores. It was supposed to come out today (the schedule even said so until this morning) but it’s… not. Word on the boards is that last week’s books didn’t ship either. (I don’t know: I only buy Legacy.) Dark Horse isn’t the only one: Something is rotten in the comics industry.
“May the force be with you” tops online quote poll. And I don’t think TFN linked the poll, which means it might actually have won fair and square. Cool.
Some new Star Wars miniatures debuted at GenCon. The set includes a “Mystral” Shadow Guard, but unless they came with booze and/or naked men, I don’t think any of us noticed. Also, it seems they’re restarting the RPG.
Colleen Doran witnesses The Fan From Hell. I think we’ve found one that beats the Woodtick, folks.
Other stuff I would have blogged:
– NASA has misplaced the original moon landing tapes. Our tax dollars at work!
– Daniel Radcliffe is down with Harry Potter dying.
– Crazy mofo has “temporary” Wolverine piercing. My hand hurts just looking at it.
– Hayden Christensen making some movie.
– Things writers have no control over. (Add to the list: Killing Chewbacca.)
– The Top 8 Shows For SF Myth Busters.
– 11 Things in Fantasy/That I Don’t Promise Not to Use (or Keep Using) in My Writing and 6 More Things I Could do Without in Fantastic Literature & I don’t plan to use except to make fun of.