All sorts of nifties while I was away on vacation. (A lovely thing. I highly recommend.)
April 2nd, 2009 by Paula · No Comments
February 25th, 2009 by Paula · 1 Comment
(via) Finally…we find out about the ladies of Stargate Universe (and another guy, for good measure). Universe started production last week, so it’s nice to get this clarified. Michael Ausiello and the Hollywood Reporter got the exclusive announcement rights (even before the MGM website).
And the ladies are:
- Ming-Na – Formerly of ER fame and now playing Camille Wray, “an HR bigwig and highest ranking survivor.”
- Elyse Levesque – Best known to genre fans for her work on Smallville and playing, “Chloe Armstrong, the wild and immature daughter of a U.S. Senator.”
- Alaina Huffman (who has another name on IMDB) – Another Smallville alum who will be playing MSgt. Tamara Johansen, a field medic assigned to treat the seriously wounded. (Given Stargate’s history, this does not bode well for her ultimate survival, but we can only wish her the best.)
A bit of a surprise announcement (to me, at least) is Lou Diamond Phillips (La Bamba) who has joined the cast as Col. Telford, “a lifelong military man and the chosen leader of the ill-fated expedition.” (Confused. I thought that was Robert Carlyle‘s role? Is Telford not long for the Universe? Or am I perpetually confused?)
Either way, I’m liking how this cast is shaping up. Here’s hoping they pull off a good show!
February 4th, 2009 by Paula · No Comments
Now, everyone giving Stargate Universe a hard time should stop and appreciate the enthusiasm coming into this project (well, if Brian J. Smith is any indication). The brave man takes his first step into fandom by granting an interview with GateWorld. He can’t be all bad, though. He admits to being a “Trekkie.” <sic>
Those still mourning Atlantis and worrying about the fate of her actors will be happy to know that David Hewlett appears to be making progress on his sci-fi comedy Starcrossed first featured in his movie A Dog’s Breakfast. Keep your fingers crossed it makes it out of Development Hell. We don’t need any more ghost shows on SciFi.
January 16th, 2009 by Paula · 3 Comments
Continuing on with the Stargate 90210 theme, the new additions to the Stargate Universe cast (joining Robert Carlyle) are certainly not totally lacking the looks department. (I can totally get behind a little eye candy, if the stories are also good.)
- Justin Louis – Will be Colonel Everett Young. And he’s actually ::gasp:: married! (In a Stargate show?! No one gets married and lives.)
- David Blue – Who I loved, loved, loved in Ugly Betty, will play Eli Wallace. He’s a total slacker who is your basic genius. (I wonder if the threat of citrus works on him?)
- Jamil Walker Smith - Sr. Sgt. Ronald Greer, “a Marine with a temper you don’t want to mess with.” The edgy, mysterious one. TV Guide has a picture.
- Brian J. Smith – Lt Matthew Scott; the inexperienced one who is thrust into leadership before his time.
December 15th, 2008 by Paula · 3 Comments
We have our first casting announcement for Stargate Universe!
Mr. Carlyle gets to enjoy Vancouver beginning in February.