September 26th, 2007 by Dunc · 3 Comments
With both of last season’s Tuesday night staples (Veronica Mars and the twilight of Gilmore Girls) off the air, prime time seemed mighty uninviting last night. The Food Network came to my rescue at 8 with back to back reruns of Good Eats, but at 9 they turned the channel over to Rachael Ray and that I can not abide. So habit lead me to the CW, and the first episode of Reaper.
Which… did not suck. I’d heard the show compared to Buffy, and while that might not be the most fair comparison, it was entertaining enough. So I agree with EW’s Michael Slezak – try to catch the encore Thursday night. It might not be the next Heroes, but it may at least entertain you.
Filed: opinion · tv
August 27th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
‘Tis the season for fun TV announcements. Is it the fall season yet?
- Ripper has supposedly passed one more small hurdle towards becoming reality
- Kevin Smith attempts to cover all branches of geekdom by directing an episode of Battlestar Galactica, an episode of Heroes: Origins, and the pilot for Reaper. Does the man ever sleep?
- David Tennant is staying with Dr. Who
- Genre actors get some props as scene-stealers
- And “Watch With Kristin” gets a sneak peek at some of the folks passing through the island on Lost
Tagged: battlestar galactica · doctor who · heroes · kevin smith · lost · reaper