As much as I personally loathe reality TV ‘competition’ shows, I’m sure someone will get a kick out of this. At least he got the Disco Star Wars theme out of the way early?
“How you get so big eating food of this kind?”
Food Network’s Cupcake Wars goes Star Wars this Sunday, with Ashley Eckstein as a guest judge. Ashley blogs about her experience as a judge, and urges those who were at the VIP party to keep mum about the winners. Cupcake Wars‘ Star Wars episode airs on Sunday, Sep 9, 2012 at 8:00 PM ET/PT on Food Network. (More broadcast times found here.)
Those who attended the VIP party at Celebration VI (or followed our coverage and on Twitter) know that I am a big fan of cupcakes. Mmmm…. cupcakes. I’ll go wipe the icing from my fingers and set my DVR.
Just as annoying and tedious as the real thing! American Idol, I mean. At least the editing is pretty good.
I thought Last Comic Standing got canceled back when the naked dude was still tooling around Survivor?
Mark Kelso recreated General Grevious’ Invisible Hand from 30 pounds of Lego. Wow. Really, that’s all I can say. Wow.
- Darth Vader: He’s with the band. Let’s hope he can handle the rock, unlike a certain Anakin Solo.
- Red and Jonny (the Stormtroopers in Love) are totally geeked out about being in Star Wars Insider.
- Comics Should Be Good devotes a Snark-Free corner to Legacy.
- That Mara custom figure on eBay? It’s currently going for $102.50. With almost two days to go. Hey, Sideshow…?
- American Idol ‘Star Wars Girl’ speaks; also makes an appearance in the Hartford Courant
- A look into the abyss: Star Wars fan Christina Tolisano made an appearance on the premiere of American Idol, impressing no one. (She blogged her audition experience back in September.) Apparently there was a second SW geek, but it seems neither had a chance at being more than just random freak.
UPDATE: TOSblog has video and, oh god oh god, the second contestant is Man-Leia. RUN!
- Tribute: Jack Black fearfully admits to writing ‘Death Star’ song for new Tenacious D album.
- Fandom (The light side:) Rebel Legion member Chris Pearson talks about his charity work with Teesside Evening Gazette.
- Fandom (The dark side:) “Highly dangerous” inmate changes name to Obi-Wan Kenobi. A credit to us all.
- Events: George Lucas to be honored by Jackie Robinson Foundation.
It seems that a Star Wars fan was featured on last night’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. There’s a short clip currently leading on ABC’s site. It looks like LFL had some involvement, so perhaps clips and pictures will show up on starwars.com today…
Apparently Joey Fatone did a Star Wars themed tango on last night’s Dancing with the Stars. Dancing with the Stars? Ugh.
UPDATE: Video is up on Youtube. It’s set to the disco theme and his partner has a pseudo-bikini and it’s every bit as cheesy as expected.
The BBC is going to air a “Harry Potter” reality show set at a boarding school where kids will learn magic. Well, stage magic and Latin, just the kinds of things the kids love.