Paul Bussiere’s R2-D2 is a regular visitor to the children’s hospital in Bangor, Maine
July 30th, 2010 by Dunc · 2 Comments
May 4th, 2010 by Dunc · 8 Comments
So in the midst of real life and other such horrors, I missed a great deal of Celebration V news. First off, you should know that we are now 99 days out from the event, a fact which strikes me with terror because I haven’t done a damn thing to prepare. (Yes, I really need to stop moving in Celebration years.) But onto the news:
- We’ve had two sets of t-shirt reveals: The first, some standard logos. (I suppose if one must have Boba Fett, sticking him something appropriately Miami Vicesque takes some of the fanboy stench off.) The second set is much more palatable, even if it involves hot pink, and the Han/Leia shirt combo is rather adorable.
- Jay Laga’aia is returning as celebrity host, which is A-OK by me, because Jay Laga’aia is awesome. Really, no snark here. He just is.
- Also hosting (at the Behind-the-Scenes Stage) is Internet Rockstar Pablo Hidalgo and LucasArts’ David Collins (on the Digital Stage.) Alas, this crushes my secret hope for a Pablo-staffed continuity-counseling booth (mockup at right) but it is more likely to keep him from running like a madman into the night.
- The R2-D2 Builders will be there in force, promising “a bigger and more encompassing experience for our visitors that will not only include tons of droids, but also re-creations of some of the most iconic scenes from The Empire Strikes Back.”
June 19th, 2009 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Or death? Cake Wrecks went on a Star Wars twofer last week. First the bad cakes, then the good ones. At right, one of the more disturbing cakes, which I’m pretty sure is what happens when Yoda mates with a certain fertility idol.
June 3rd, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
$10K to make one? Wow.
May 12th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
March 6th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
August 26th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
To celebrate their new line of Star Wars bedding and accessories, Pottery Barn Kids will be holding in-store events in 78 stores throughout the U.S. and Canada on Saturday, September 13th. They’re even donating $15,600 to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital on behalf of the 501st, Rebel Legion, Jedi Assembly and the R2 Builders.
May 28th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
September 15th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
All the stuff that got spaced
- Allies in The Clone Wars: TV show is a global production.
- Family Guy: Blue Harvest concept art
- A Sithly go-round for the classic circus poster.
- Know A Legion: Bloodfin Garrison
- Bonnie urges R2 Builders to join the space race.
- Are Artoo and Threepio robo-wimps?
Comments OffFiled: expanded universe · fandom · space & science · star wars · star wars on tv · the clone wars
Tagged: 501st legion · artoo · bantha tracks · concept art · family guy · r2 builders · revenge of the sith · threepio
March 17th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Two-inch pewter medallion featuring classic figures will be given away during random collecting panels at Celebration. They’re limited to only 350 of each.