You know what’s coming, I’m sure.
With Jabba the poo! (By Patrick Boivin, who did the Fett Flashdance video from a few years back.)
Rebelscum contest winners. The fansite announced the winners of their annual Halloween costume contest yesterday – this (Robot Chicken-inspired?) Ponda Baba by Michael took first place in the adult contest.
Sing it. Are you sick of seeing that old pic of Carrie Fisher and her ROTJ stunt double being treated as some sort of rare, leaked revelation? Yeah, me too.
According to Jabba? The King of Tatooine? io9′s Annalee Newitz mines Bonnie’s interview with the The Box director Richard Kelly for his idea of a Jabba the Hutt tv show. Scary thought: It’s not really out of the realm of possibility.
- Knitsaber (pattern) by our own CarbonScoring, $4. Or purchase them already made in green, purple, hot pink, glow in the dark or Asajj Ventress-style, $17-25.
- Clone Trooper Pinata by Pinatas By Mail, $24.95. There’s a Darth Vader avaliable as well.
- Star Wars Peggies (two sets of four) by Naked Peggies, $30.
- Yoda Penguin by The Pink Koala, $9.
- Finger Puppets (set of nine) by littlefox71, $22. A set of four goes for $10.
- Joda, a Scrappy Catnip Monster by On A Whimm, $8.
- Darth Vader Stained Glass Mirror by Terraza Glass, $145.00.
- Jedi terrier print by Brian Rubenacker, $12.99. (Also available: Chihuahua.)
- Lord Vader’s Beverly by Terry Reid, $22.00.
- Troopers print by tmronin (Shop contains nudes,) $30.00.
- Stormtrooper LEGO mosaic by bricks2pics, $745.00. It measures in at 45 x 30 inches, which may explain the price.
Next set will be up Monday. Happy browsing!
I’m a total grinch about the holiday season, but John Scalzi isn’t. He’s included Darth Vader in his SciFi Thanksgiving:
I’m thankful for Darth Vader. In the last 30-some years, has there been a better villain in all of film — not just science fiction film, but film in general? I tell you, there is not (Hannibal Lecter comes close, but dude. Vader could use his Force powers to feed him his own liver with a nice Chianti). Vader is so badass that he survived George Lucas turning him into a whiny loser in the prequel trilogy. Think about that.
- Weird: Yoda the cat has four ears!
- Fanboys: MTV wants to make fun of you! Or something. They went to TFN with a plea for fanboys between the ages of 16 and 28 for their show True Life.
- Lists: Dagobah is among Discover‘s ten best science fiction planets, while Topless Robot explores the ten most blatant Star Wars rip-offs.
Literally. Also: Rematch!