December 5th, 2007 by HollywdLiz · No Comments
October 4th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
IGN visits the Prince Caspian set, and comes back with costume details. It’s light on pretty dresses, but armor fans will be pleased.
September 19th, 2007 by Yav · 4 Comments
The release date for Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader has been pushed back six months over what is speculated to be fear about next summer’s impending actor’s strike.
Other productions which could be impacted include Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and the next James Bond movie.
The actor’s strike looks set to take place in June next year and will in fact manifest itself as a combined strike by the Screen Actors Guild, the Directors Guild of America and the Writers Guild of America (West) against the Producers Guild of America. The predicted strike has already sent Hollywood into a frenzy of planning, with many studios reportedly accelerating production of films to avoid gaps in their release schedules.
The strike is over royalties from sales of movies over the internet and on DVD, which are not covered in the current deal between the various guilds.
September 17th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Jim Broadbent reveals that he’ll play Professor Slughorn in Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. He’s everywhere! (He also talks about his Indiana Jones role at the link.) In other casting news, looks like Zoe Saldana will be playing Uhura in JJ Abrams’ Star Trek.
In other news…
- First Prince Caspian poster. Fangirls, meet your new girly-man squee magnet. (Sorry, Orlando.)
- Heath Ledger talks about being the Joker. (Link links to video.)
- The Last Starfighter: The Musical. …What? Why? Were the rights cheap?
- Geoffrey Rush talks Pirates 4. Nothing really solid, but I am just taking this opportunity to say I would so watch a Barbossa movie.
- Shia LeBouf as Y: The Last Man’s Yorick?
- Viggo Mortsensen in The Hobbit? Well, someone has to bring the pretty, I suppose.
July 30th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
I did not regret not going to Comic-Con until I heard this: They showed a Futurama trailer. Why is it not online? This is so unfair.
You changed the outcome by measuring it!
- The New York Times deigns to recognize SDCC.
- Kevin Smith will direct a Heroes: Origins episode.
- TOSblog reports on Blade Runner.
- Hey Buffy fans, remember Ripper? It may live after all.
- Disney is going to take on all of Narnia – starting with Prince Caspian they plan to release one a year. Um, good luck with that.
- Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are making a Sweeney Todd movie? Why did I not know this?
- Seth Rogan talks about Green Hornet
- Official Watchmen website launches
- There was some smuggled Iron Man footage, but Youtube
copyright violationedated it right before I posted. Take some transcript instead.
Trailers and such
Comments OffFiled: conventions · film · tv
Tagged: blade runner · futurama · johnny depp · joss whedon · narnia · sdcc · superheroes · sweeney todd · tim burton
May 9th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Warwick Davis and Robbie Coltrane attend ‘cheese’-rolling activities in Stilton. While there, Davis revealed he’ll have a part in Prince Caspian.
April 11th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Sean Connery ‘considering’ Indy IV. Speaking of sorta maybe Indy stuff, be warned that Indy rumor-ridden young actor Shia LaBeouf will be hosting this Saturday’s Saturday Night Live. Indiana Jones jokes are likely!
In other rumor news, could Orlando Bloom be considering a role in the sequel to Superman Returns? I’m not feeling it.
Harvey Dent is appearing in The Dark Knight but his alter ego Two-Face is less likely.
And enough about that – I both kind of want to see and yet dread the Nancy Drew movie, but here’s some pictures to get the preteens excited.
And lastly The Voyage of the Dawn Treader may have found a director. Don’t screw it up, Hollywood – it’s my favorite. (Irony!)
March 5th, 2006 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Howard Berger and Tami Lane just won the Best Makeup Oscar for The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. It was the lone category Revenge of the Sith was nominated in.
February 9th, 2006 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Costumes from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Also, if you happen to be in or near Los Angeles in the next few months, the Fashion Insitute of Design & Merchandising is displaying costumes from several 2005 releases, including ROTS, Serenity, King Kong, The Corpse Bride, and others. (via The Daily Digest)
Vanity Fair has Scarlett Johansson and Keira Knightley naked on the latest cover. This is the infamous cover shoot that Rachel McAdams walked out of and really… Can you blame her? The creepy (clothed) guy that replaced her is Tom Ford, the issue’s guest editor.
Paradox now controls Robert E. Howard film rights. Come on, is the world really clamoring for more Conan?
December 19th, 2005 by Dunc · 1 Comment
This weekend’s Saturday Night Live was mostly forgettable – even with Jack Black hosting – but the best bit by far featured Andy Samburg and Chris Parnell rapping about Narnia, cupcakes, and Mapquest.