March 12th, 2010 by Dunc · 1 Comment
March 11th, 2010 by Dunc · 4 Comments
Well, not quite literally. (Twilight we are not.) But there is a notable resemblance between the Form 2 and the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy. (Nothing overtly NSFW at the link, although some of the links there are.)
Looking for something more G-rated? The Brits are at it again with a Luke Skywalker bathrobe.
December 13th, 2009 by Dunc · 3 Comments
And the best part? It lights up:
The fandom minute: L/M on Etsy, Star Wars car culture, 70′s school stuff, Palpy’s plummet, and cake!
August 28th, 2009 by Dunc · 4 Comments
There really is something for everyone on Etsy. I’m prepping a few posts for next week, and I ran across a Luke and Mara Wedding cake topper. (What a post-ROTJ EU pairing has to do with The Clone Wars I have no idea.) The seller, Hildoom, also has a Yoda Birthday Cake topper for sale.
Back to school. StarWars.com takes a look back at the 70′s with retro class cear from Helix.
Lists. Palpatine makes #1 on Sci-Fi Squad’s top ten sci-fi deaths.
Cakes. A neat Millenium Falcon by Da Bombe Desserts.
If only… io9 suggests swapping the writing staffs of The Clone Wars and the The Venture Brothers, which may be the only way to get me to cheerfully watch the former.
→ 4 CommentsFiled: expanded universe · star wars · the clone wars
Tagged: cakes · etsy · fanmade · food · lists · luke skywalker · mara jade · merchandise · millennium falcon · palpatine · retro · the venture bros · yoda
January 28th, 2009 by Dunc · 5 Comments
It’s a rare instance when ‘I can’t believe they’re making that’ and ‘but it’s pretty cool’ come together, but I fear this is the case for these Star Wars kites. Of course, ThinkGeek always finds the best stuff. (via)
December 20th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
December 15th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
December 3rd, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
You know things are tough when… A gift for the geek that has everything – a battle-scarred Hasbro Millennium Falcon – amazingly got no bids on eBay. Well, maybe not that amazingly, but $300 doesn’t seem that bad a price considering it’ll run you only about half that brand new. (via)
- TV: Jon Stewart is very excited about a Threepio bobblehead on Monday’s The Daily Show. I don’t have the heart to tell him that bobbleheads are kind of lame.
- Fanmade: Finally, a Han in Carbonite USB drive! Alas, it was already sold out last week.
- Lists: I think the green skin might have less to do with their popularity than the trend of not wearing very many clothes.
November 7th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Quite a project: Chris Lee of Tennessee is on an “insane quest” to build a Full-Scale Millennium Falcon.
- Lists: A New Hope is a Geeky Movie That Should’ve Been Terrible; Han’s blaster on 6 Baddest-Ass Sci Fi Sidearms Ever; Han and Chewie, Artoo and Threepio make 30 Burning Sci-Fi Bromances
- Cakes The Millennium Falcon and Death Star, again.
- Sightings: Red and Jonny in Fray’s Geek Issue.
October 27th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
It seems that it’s still Falcon week over at the official site, as today brings secrets of the Millennium Falcon, a look at how artists Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas juggled multiple and sometimes conflicting sources to create the latest set of blueprints.