The third and final Coruscant Nights novel, Patterns of Force, will be in bookstores tomorrow. And comic fans won’t go empty-handed this week, either: Both Legacy #32 and the first Vector TPB are on Diamond’s shipping list for Wednesday. I’m also hearing that the latest Star Wars Insider is now in stores.
Sue posts furthur details about the upcoming books on her blog. The relevant (new!) information…
- Fate of the Jedi #1: “Luke and Ben attempt to follow Jacen’s previous journey in the hopes of discovering what and how various Force-using groups influenced him to accept and use dark side powers.”
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space: Stars Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bail Organa! (Did we already know this?)
- Blood Oath: Takes place just after we last see Zekk, Dave Seeley is doing the cover!
- Joe Schreiber’s horror novel: Set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.
- Paul S. Kemp’s Jaden Korr book: Takes place during the… Great Hyperspace War? Well, I’m confused. UPDATE: Kemp clarifies.
- Alex Irvine’s novel will star Nomi Sunrider!
- The paperback by Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff features “a promising holostar – a rags to riches story set against the backdrop of the early days of the Rebellion.” (Fan speculation/wishful thinking is pegging the holostar as Wynssa Starflare.)
- Coruscant Nights: On the official boards, Sue Rostoni drops a short except from Patterns of Force and confirms the (much-confused) release date as January 27th.
- Interview: Sean Williams over at the Adventures in Sci-Fi Publishing podcast (Thanks, Zee Zee!) while Lightsabre talks to webmaster-turned-Complete Encyclopedia contributer Bob Vitas.
- Preview: Legacy #29/Vector part 10.
Wow, is it time for Coruscant Nights: Street of Shadows already? The new Michael Reaves book should be in stores today. Also keep an eye out for The Dark Lord Trilogy trilogy, a trade omnibus that collects Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno, Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover, and Luceno’s Dark Lord.
Don’t worry, comic fans: There’s plenty for you on Wednesday. The much-anticipated Darth Wyyrlok-focused Legacy #27, Rebellion #16 aka Vector part 8, and the fourth Knights of the Old Republic trade, Daze of Hate, Knights of Suffering. Punny!
The Expanded Universe chat is hosting a chat on Michael Reaves’ Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight this coming Sunday at 8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific.) Our host will be #eu regular and TFN mod (a good one) Grand Admiral Jello.
I guess I’d better start reading…
The results of our continuity poll are in, and it reveals that most of CJ’s readers ( a whooping 54%) are of the school that doesn’t sweat the small stuff, while 27% of you care quite a bit, 11% of you don’t really care much as long as the major stuff is consistant, and only 8% of you turn an extremely selective eye upon the process. Yay?
Our new poll is about the latest release, Jedi Twilight, first book of the Coruscant Nights trilogy. Weigh in on the sidebar or under the cut – it’ll stick around until July 13th. Continue reading
- Craft: Sammi Resendes, whose Star Wars amigurumi you might remember, has produced a Darth Revan figure.
- Interview: Tomorrow sees the release of Michael Reaves’ Jedi Twilight, so EUC has a chat with him and frequent collaborator Steve Perry.
- People: Drew Karpyshyn updates his TOS blog with some random thoughts about the publishing industry
Thanks to John Scalzi, I just found out that author Michael Reaves is dealing with some serious health issues related to Parkinson’s. So, Subterranean Press is selling a special edition of Interworld, the YA novel Reaves wrote with Neil Gaiman. All profits will go to helping with his medical and living costs.
Reave’s Star Wars work includes the two Medstar novels, Death Star with Steve Perry, and the upcoming Coruscant Nights trilogy.