April 29th, 2009 by Dunc · 4 Comments
January 26th, 2009 by Dunc · No Comments
The third and final Coruscant Nights novel, Patterns of Force, will be in bookstores tomorrow. And comic fans won’t go empty-handed this week, either: Both Legacy #32 and the first Vector TPB are on Diamond’s shipping list for Wednesday. I’m also hearing that the latest Star Wars Insider is now in stores.
September 29th, 2008 by Dunc · 7 Comments
Sue posts furthur details about the upcoming books on her blog. The relevant (new!) information…
- Fate of the Jedi #1: “Luke and Ben attempt to follow Jacen’s previous journey in the hopes of discovering what and how various Force-using groups influenced him to accept and use dark side powers.”
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space: Stars Obi-Wan Kenobi and Bail Organa! (Did we already know this?)
- Blood Oath: Takes place just after we last see Zekk, Dave Seeley is doing the cover!
- Joe Schreiber’s horror novel: Set between A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back.
- Paul S. Kemp’s Jaden Korr book: Takes place during the… Great Hyperspace War? Well, I’m confused. UPDATE: Kemp clarifies.
- Alex Irvine’s novel will star Nomi Sunrider!
- The paperback by Michael Reaves and Maya Kaathryn Bohnhoff features “a promising holostar – a rags to riches story set against the backdrop of the early days of the Rebellion.” (Fan speculation/wishful thinking is pegging the holostar as Wynssa Starflare.)
→ 7 CommentsFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: aaron allston · alex irvine · blood oath · crosscurrent · dave seeley · death troopers · elaine cunningham · fate of the jedi · joe schreiber · maya kaathryn bohnhoff · michael reaves · paul s kemp · sue rostoni
September 23rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Coruscant Nights: On the official boards, Sue Rostoni drops a short except from Patterns of Force and confirms the (much-confused) release date as January 27th.
- Interview: Sean Williams over at the Adventures in Sci-Fi Publishing podcast (Thanks, Zee Zee!) while Lightsabre talks to webmaster-turned-Complete Encyclopedia contributer Bob Vitas.
- Preview: Legacy #29/Vector part 10.
→ No CommentsFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: bob vitas · complete encyclopedia · coruscant nights · fan sites · interviews · legacy · michael reaves · previews · sean williams · sue rostoni · vector
August 26th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Wow, is it time for Coruscant Nights: Street of Shadows already? The new Michael Reaves book should be in stores today. Also keep an eye out for The Dark Lord Trilogy trilogy, a trade omnibus that collects Labyrinth of Evil by James Luceno, Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Stover, and Luceno’s Dark Lord.
Don’t worry, comic fans: There’s plenty for you on Wednesday. The much-anticipated Darth Wyyrlok-focused Legacy #27, Rebellion #16 aka Vector part 8, and the fourth Knights of the Old Republic trade, Daze of Hate, Knights of Suffering. Punny!
→ 2 CommentsFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: comics · coruscant nights · dark lord · james luceno · kotor · legacy · matthew stover · michael reaves · novelizations · omnibus · rebellion · releases · revenge of the sith · vector
July 8th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The Expanded Universe chat is hosting a chat on Michael Reaves’ Coruscant Nights: Jedi Twilight this coming Sunday at 8pm Eastern (5pm Pacific.) Our host will be #eu regular and TFN mod (a good one) Grand Admiral Jello.
I guess I’d better start reading…
July 1st, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The results of our continuity poll are in, and it reveals that most of CJ’s readers ( a whooping 54%) are of the school that doesn’t sweat the small stuff, while 27% of you care quite a bit, 11% of you don’t really care much as long as the major stuff is consistant, and only 8% of you turn an extremely selective eye upon the process. Yay?
Our new poll is about the latest release, Jedi Twilight, first book of the Coruscant Nights trilogy. Weigh in on the sidebar or under the cut – it’ll stick around until July 13th. (more…)
June 23rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The latest Star Wars Insider should be in stores now as well.
June 23rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Craft: Sammi Resendes, whose Star Wars amigurumi you might remember, has produced a Darth Revan figure.
- Interview: Tomorrow sees the release of Michael Reaves’ Jedi Twilight, so EUC has a chat with him and frequent collaborator Steve Perry.
- People: Drew Karpyshyn updates his TOS blog with some random thoughts about the publishing industry
April 3rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Thanks to John Scalzi, I just found out that author Michael Reaves is dealing with some serious health issues related to Parkinson’s. So, Subterranean Press is selling a special edition of Interworld, the YA novel Reaves wrote with Neil Gaiman. All profits will go to helping with his medical and living costs.
Reave’s Star Wars work includes the two Medstar novels, Death Star with Steve Perry, and the upcoming Coruscant Nights trilogy.