August 26th, 2011 by Dunc · 3 Comments
The HDRoom’s Dan Bradley was another tech-oriented journalist invited to Lucasfilm’s Blu-ray junket. The first part of his report covers a few basics we’ve heard about from the other sites and Lucasfilm themselves. Part two focuses on Matthew Wood and sound mixing. And part 3 takes on, of course, the deleted scenes, special features and Dennis Muren.
Here’s one interesting bit:
In response to my question, Kayleen answered “You’ll have to wait and see! The Holiday Special is a challenge, but look for some Easter Eggs. What’s a Star Wars release without a couple of Easter Eggs?” I read into that as something pertaining to, if not the entire Holiday Special is hidden on these discs. These Easter Eggs are also what LucasFilm is referring to when stating the leaked bonus features are “incomplete.”
An additional Blu-ray inner sleeve depicts a scene from Droids, the animated cartoon revolving around the further adventures of R2-D2 and C-3PO. Does that mean an episode of Droids or maybe something from the Ewoks television show is hidden as an Easter Egg? We’ll have to wait and find out on September 16, 2011.
I’ve always thought that the Holiday Special – or the less tedious bits of it, anyway – would make an excellent Easter Egg.
Filed: star wars
Tagged: behind the scenes · blu-ray · matthew wood · original trilogy · prequel trilogy
October 4th, 2009 by Dunc · 25 Comments
As the legion of Star Wars accounts on Twitter grows, it’s getting harder to keep track of. It’s impossible to list everyone, but here are a few accounts that may be of interest.
Please note that although we provide this page as a service to fans to find official accounts and other people they may wish to follow, we do not encourage pestering or harassing celebrities and/or other fans. Please be respectful to the celebrities and each other.
And if you’re wondering about hashtags, StarWars.com has some suggestions (though I’m not about to give up on #EpisodeVII!)
- Carrie Fisher (@CarrieFFisher) Played Princess Leia in the original trilogy.
- Mark Hamill (@HamillHimself) Played Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy.
- Anthony Daniels (@ADaniels3PO) Played C-3PO in all six movies.
- Ewan McGregor (@mcgregor_ewan) Played Obi-wan Kenobi in the prequel trilogy.
- Samuel L. Jackson (@SamuelLJackson) All -around badass; Played Mace Windu in the prequel trilogy.
- David Prowse (@isDARTHVADER) Played Darth Vader (in the suit) for the original trilogy.
- Peter Mayhew (@TheWookieeRoars) Played Chewbacca in the original trilogy and ROTS.
- Bonnie Piesse (@BonniePiesse) Played Beru Lars in AOTC and ROTS.
- Ahmed Best (@ahmedbest) Played Jar Jar Binks in the prequels.
- Warwick Davis (@WarwickADavis) Played Wicket W. Warrick in Return of the Jedi as well as several characters in The Phantom Menace and many other films.
- Ray Park (@PARKYBOY74) Played Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
- Richard LeParmentier (@AdmiralMotti) Played Admiral Motti in A New Hope.
- Joel Aron ( @joelaron ) Visual effects on Revenge of the Sith, The Clone Wars
- Bad Robot (@bad_robot) Home base of Episode VII director J.J. Abrams.
- Dave Filoni (@dave_filoni) Supervising director of The Clone Wars, Rebels.
- Phil Tippett (@PhilTippett) VFX artist who now heads Tippet Studio; Did stop motion effects for ANH and ESB.
- Greg Weisman (@Greg_Weisman) Writer on Rebels. Worked on Gargoyles, Young Justice.
- Matthew Wood (@matthewood) Skywalker Sound; Voice of General Grievous in Revenge of the Sith and The Clone Wars.
- Matt Lanter (@MattLanter) Voice of Anakin Skywalker in The Clone Wars
- Ashley Eckstein (@HerUniverse) Voice of Ahsoka Tano. Used mostly for Her Universe business, and also listed under licensees, but Ashley shares other stuff here as well.
- James Arnold Taylor (@JATactor) Voice of Obi-Wan in The Clone Wars
- Catherine Taber (@cattaber) Voice of Padme Amidala in The Clone Wars
- Sam Witwer (@SamWitwer) Voice of Darth Maul on The Clone Wars, Galen Marek/Starkiller in The Force Unleashed.
- Dee Bradley Baker (@deebradleybaker) Voice of The Clone Wars clonetroopers.
- Phil LaMarr (@phillamarr) Voice of The Clone Wars’ Kit Fisto.
- Meredith Salenger (@MeredthSalenger) voiced Barriss Offee in The Clone Wars.
- Simon Pegg (@simonpegg) Voice of Dengar in The Clone Wars. Director/Actor, Shaun of the Dead, Scottie in Star Trek prequel/reboot.
- Greg Proops (@GregProops) Voice of Beed Annodue in The Phantom Menace.
- Peter Serafinowicz (@serafinowicz) Voice of Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace.
Lucasfilm and licensees
Other official types
- Chris Argyropoulos (@ThatChrisA) Lucasfilm Publicist
- Dan Brooks (@dan_brooks) Works for StarWars.com
- Tracy Cannobbio (@Tcann13) Lucasfilm Publicist
- Mary Franklin (@MaryLFL) Sr. Event Lead for Lucasfilm, queen of all she surveys
- Jennifer Heddle (@jenheddle) Senior Editor (fiction) at Lucasfilm.
- Pablo Hidalgo (@infinata) Brand Communication Manager for Lucasfilm, author, internet rockstar
- Leland Chee (@HolocronKeeper) Keeper of the Holocron, Lucas Licensing
- Matt Martin (@missingwords) Works for StarWars.com
- Erich Schoeneweiss (@Darth_Duff) Del Rey editor
- Randy Stradley (@Randy_Stradley) Vice President of Publishing, Dark Horse Comics
- Aaron Allston (@aaronallston) Author, X-Wing, Legacy of the Force, Fate of the Jedi series.
- Kevin J. Anderson (@TheKJA) Author, The Jedi Academy Trilogy
- Corinna Bechko (@CorinnaBechko) Writer, Legacy
- Haden Blackman (@HadenBlackman) LucasArts / Writer, The Force Unleashed
- Jeremy Barlow (@Jeremy_Barlow) Writer / Dark Horse editor
- Bonnie Burton (@bonniegrrl) Writer, You Can Draw: Star Wars
- Nathan P. Butler (@swfanworks) Writer, ‘Equals and Opposites’ / StarWarsFanWorks.com
- Chris Cassidy (@Yav14) Writer, ‘Precipice’
- James.S.A.Corey (@JamesSACorey) aka Daniel Abraham (@AbrahamHanover) and Ty Franck. Authors, Empire and Rebellion: Honor Among Thieves.
- Paul Ens (@paulens) Writer, R2-D2: Beneath the Dome, ‘Evasive Action’ webstrips / Owner of Red 5 Comics / Former Director of Lucas Online
- Jason Fry (@jasoncfry) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Christie Golden (@ChristieGolden) Author, Fate of the Jedi
- Kevin Hearne (@KevinHearne) Author, upcoming Empire and Rebellion Luke novel.
- Helen Keier (@HelenKeier) Writer, The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- Drew Karpyshyn (@DrewKarpyshyn) Author, Darth Bane novels.
- Paul S. Kemp (@Paulskemp) Author, Crosscurrent
- Tim Lebbon (@timlebbon) Author, Dawn of the Jedi novel
- John Jackson Miller (@jjmfaraway) Writer, Knights of the Old Republic, Kenobi
- Abel G. Peña (@ThePhilodoxer) Writer, things fanboys love
- J. W. Rinzler (@jwrinzler) Writer, The Making of Star Wars, other nonfiction.
- Joe Schreiber (@joeschreiber1) Author, Death Troopers
- Mike Stackpole (@MikeStackpole) Author, X-Wing series
- Matthew Stover (@MWStover ) Author, Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, Revenge of the Sith novelization.
- Tom Taylor (@TomTaylorMade) Writer, Invasion comic.
- Paul Urquhart (@quhart) Writer, The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Dan Wallace (@danwall88) Author, The Essential Atlas
- Martha Wells (@marthawells1) Author, Empire and Rebellion: Razor’s Edge
- Sean Williams (@adelaidesean) Author, The Force Unleashed novelizations
- Ryder Windham (@ryderwindham)
- Brian Wood (@brianwood) Writer, Star Wars, the comic that began in 2013
Fan sites and the like
- Cleolinda Jones (@cleolinda) Snarker, Movies in 15 Minutes
- Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) Actress, Fanboys, Veronica Mars
- Felicia Day (@feliciaday) Actress, Dr. Horrible, The Guild
- Seth Green (@sethgreen) Robot Chicken.
- Jon Favreau (@Jon_Favreau) Director, Iron Man
- Jaime King (@Jaime_King) Actress, Fanboys, Sin City
- Greg Grunberg (@greggrunberg) Actor, Heroes, Alias
- J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) Author, Harry Potter series
- William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) William. Shatner.
- Joss Whedon (@josswhedon) Geek god, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Firefly, The Avengers, etc.
- Will Wheaton (@wilw) Actor, internet superstar
- Weird Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) Duh.
Filed: expanded universe · fandom · people · star wars
Tagged: ahmed best · anthony daniels · carrie fisher · james arnold taylor · licensees · matt lanter · matthew wood · ray park · social networking · starwars.com · voice actors · warwick davis
March 13th, 2009 by jawajames · 2 Comments
Time for the finale of the Ryloth three-part story on The Clone Wars tonight! In “Liberty of Ryloth”, Mace Windu steps into the spotlight as he seeks to liberate the capital of Ryloth from the Seps – and to do so, he’s going to need the help of the Twi’lek freedom fighter, Cham Syndulla.
- StarWars.com takes a peek at the plot. Is it Mace who should be called “The Negotiator”?
- Check out the online preview comic for “Liberty of Ryloth”: The Ballad of Cham Syndulla. Now with sonnets!
- Bonnie gets a few questions answered from Matthew Wood as the voice of Wat Tambor in “Say Wat?“
Going back to last week’s episode, “Innocents of Ryloth”, we got a few more reviews to for you. Listen to reviewing podcasts from TF.N’s Force-cast Roundtable and EU Cantina’s We Talk Clones.
Filed: the clone wars
Tagged: matthew wood · podcasts · previews · reviews
January 9th, 2009 by Dunc · 1 Comment
It’s Friday, and you know what that means… In tonight’s new episode, ‘The Gungan General,’ Anakin and Obi-Wan finally get that whole reluctant alleigance with the enemy episode out of the way, with Jar-Jar riding to the rescue. I think I’m pretty safe in saying that hijinks ensue.
Filed: the clone wars
Tagged: interviews · matthew wood · podcasts · previews · reviews · sound
December 12th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Tonight’s episode is ‘Lair of Grievous,’ which sounds kinda like a Scooby Doo episode. I’m not sure what that makes Kit Fisto, but considering who was present at Grievous’ debut it’s probably at least a little appropriate.
Filed: expanded universe · the clone wars
Tagged: celebration japan · general grievous · karen traviss · matthew wood · paul dini · podcasts · spoilers · tcw novels · webcomics
November 18th, 2008 by Dunc · 4 Comments
Reaction to ‘Duel of the Droids’ was a bit less frazzled than its predecessor, though not everyone is drinking the Kool-Aid. (I, for one, have ceased even trying.) Still, there’s plenty to bask in for fans of the series, including the obligatory video commentary. (Screencap above is from .)
The real question? Is all the goodwill that Clone has built up going to be blown with this Friday’s Jar-Jar episode? Yousa can tell meesa on Saturday.
And finally, in more general TCW ware, the ForceCast sits down with Skywalker Sound’s David Acord (Rotta the Huttlet) and Matthew Wood (General Grievous.)
Filed: the clone wars
Tagged: commentary · jar jar · matthew wood · podcasts · reviews
August 6th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
The Maker talks about his television endeavours and what to expect from the new series. Also at MTV, Dave Filoni on swapping the opening crawl for a newsreel style opener.
Filed: people · the clone wars
Tagged: dave filoni · george lucas · interviews · matthew wood · skywalker ranch · skywalker sound · tom kane · video
June 23rd, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
At Disney this weekend, one fan caught Matthew Wood playing coy. Is he voicing Grevious? (Who else would be?)
Filed: the clone wars
Tagged: matthew wood · star wars weekends
March 30th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Matthew Wood, Dermot Crowley, Jerome Blake and Amy Allen are among the latest guests for Celebration IV.
Meanwhile, time is running out to enter the Star Wars Fan Movie Challenge. Sorry LFL – the term is still ‘fanfilms’ to me!
And don’t forget that this is the last day to pre-register for Celebration!
Tagged: celebration iv · fan movie challenge · matthew wood
November 27th, 2006 by Dunc · Comments Off
What if Quentin Tarantino made Lord of the Rings? Orodruin Dogs, Ring Fiction, Natural Born Orcs, and White City. Not as good as Star Wars Pulp Fiction, but still pretty damn funny.
Bill Moyers’ interview with George Lucas from The Mythology of Star Wars TV special, in
four three parts: 1, 3, 4. I’m not sure where part 2 went, if it was ever there at all.
James Michael Tyler talks to Jonathan Rinzler about The Art of Revenge of the Sith and The Making of, as well as Matthew Stover about the ROTS novelization and James Luceno about Dark Lord.
Screw that, have more funny
Tagged: Bill Moyers · dark lord · george lucas · hayden christensen · j w rinzler · james luceno · lord of the rings · matthew stover · matthew wood · video · warwick davis