Because Friday. (Stick through to the end.)
- OMG PONIES! Mari Kasurinen has added three new Star Wars figures to her custom My Little Pony gallery: A farmboy Luke, slave Leia, and Han in carbonite.
- Technology: An impressive Artoo casemod made with a trash can and a mere $120 in additional parts.
- Crafts: The Darth Vader hula girl. I always knew he had it in him.
- The blogside: Bryan Young defends Jar Jar Binks over at Den of Geek. (via)
Rogues and the dreaded ‘Mari Soo’ stir up trouble in The Secret Diary Of Luke Skywalker.
1809 hours: Mon Mothma told me to “stop moping about Bespin” and to get on with my life. After all, she added, much as I’d lost my hand and all, she was sick of “removing Wes Janson from my quarters at ungodly hours of the night, demanding a ‘goodnight kiss’,” and “it’s your responsibility as commander to keep your squad in check regardless of how you’re feeling” and “civic duty” and “orange flightsuits” and blah blah blah. Huh. See if I blow up a Death Star for her again.
…It is Friday, right?
Rebelscum has a couple of galleries from Toy Fair… Not much EUish from Diamond Select. (Though their Jedi Luke looks nice.) The real gems, as usual, come from Hasbro and their comic packs. There’s a bunch of Clone Wars stuff I can’t even begin to catagorize… And a Marvel-era Luke and Lumiya! (Removable head? How apt!)
Heading into a more modern comic era, Legacy’s Darth Krayt and an Imperial Knight who I believe is Sigil Dare, plus Kyle Katarn and Beefy the Vong (probably not his real name,) above. (Based on a late Tales storyline?)
Whatever happened to the collector from Dr. Phil whose wife tried to shame him into ditching his Star Wars stuff? The Springfield News-Sun follows up. They’re still married, he still has his collection, but he did go on a diet. Score?
- Politics: When in the GFFA…
- Technology: Phonesaber returns… as a The Force Unleashed tie-in? At least it’s free! Also, people are creating Star Wars vehicles in Spore.
- Lists: io9 thoughtfully includes Revenge of the Sith in their list of the best skin-melting scenes from sci-fi. Melting, frying… They’re almost the same thing! (And apparently Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn’t count.)
- Hipsters! Hold onto your Pabst, Star Wars is live (and authorized!) in San Francisco this weekend.
- Funny: You want to read this tale of customer service woe. Just trust me. (Warning: Language.)
- People: Claudio Capone, an accomplished doppiatore (dubber) who got his big break as the Italian voice of Luke Skywalker, passed away last week.
- Lists: MSNBC’s Alonso Duralde loves to hate Darth Vader, among others.
- Fandom: Richard Andrews and Caroline White’s Star Wars wedding in The Weston Mercury.
- Events: Legoland’s Star Wars day coming in September.