January 9th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
December 20th, 2007 by Paula · No Comments
Dang. What am I going to watch over the summer, now?
November 9th, 2007 by Paula · 3 Comments
This is shaping up to be an odd TV season. Things are good. (Many new attempts at genre shows.) Things are bad. (Writers’ strike.)
- And why is Heroes struggling? Well, producer Tim Kring is admitting to making some mistakes with how this season’s story is unfolding. (I’m still enjoying it, but there are some valid points.)
September 17th, 2007 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Yup, it’s that time again… The lone genre winner was Lost’s Terry O’Quinn, who picked up Supporting Actor in a Drama. Heroes (With its ever cuddly and extremely photogenic cast! Plus S2′s
Veronica Mars Kirsten Bell as Hiro’s Masi Oka’s date!) was up for the top drama award, but lost to the final season of The Sopranos.
August 27th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
‘Tis the season for fun TV announcements. Is it the fall season yet?
- Ripper has supposedly passed one more small hurdle towards becoming reality
- Kevin Smith attempts to cover all branches of geekdom by directing an episode of Battlestar Galactica, an episode of Heroes: Origins, and the pilot for Reaper. Does the man ever sleep?
- David Tennant is staying with Dr. Who
- Genre actors get some props as scene-stealers
- And “Watch With Kristin” gets a sneak peek at some of the folks passing through the island on Lost
August 9th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
A few, small TV tidbits to share:
- Ron Moore decides to stay on with NBC Universal a little longer, but not so much with the sci-fi.
April 16th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End clips. I love his pies. (Thanks, Yav!)
We can have a good time, can’t we?
March 22nd, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
ABC has given an early renewal to Lost for next season, in spite of its sagging ratings. Maybe this will force the producers to answer some questions in the storyline?
Battlestar Galactica has had its episode order upped to 22, from the original 13 episodes ordered. This could be seen as either good or bad. The good? It means that SciFi believes the show is going strong and needs a full season. The bad? SciFi believes that the show is tanking and is kindly giving the producers a chance to finish telling the story. It’ll be interesting to see what happens.
In the meantime, head into the eternal wasteland between seasons with some hope that there is more to be had of your favorites.
January 29th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Sneak peek at the Ryan vs. Dorkman sequel, complete with talking heads. Oh, fanboys!
IT CAME FROM JAPAN!
- It started with Star Wars hands last week…
- Clay Vader, Chad and Darth’s Japanese cousin?
- Cat like Star Wars, but they like scratchies more.
- Star Wars Kid in Kill Bill.
- Do Not Laugh!
- Learn stuff: Star Wars and the Samurai.
January 17th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
And the producers of Lost insist they have an endpoint in mind. You apparently have two more seasons to enjoy, as they’d like to end it at 100 episodes. And here you thought they were making this up as they went along….