We’ve featured at least one of these before (not The Princess Bride) but who cares? It’s a bunch of geek classic movies (mostly) with lightsabers added. Go forth and enjoy. (via)
June 20th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
→ 3 CommentsFiled: film · star wars
Tagged: 300 · highlander · lightsabers · lists · lord of the rings · mashups · potc · raiders of the lost ark · the princess bride · video
June 18th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Those crazy list-making folks at the American Film Institute have placed A New Hope in second place on their list of the top 10 science fiction films. Click through to see the original trailer and some clips of James Earl Jones talking about the film.
The top spot goes to 2001, with E.T., A Clockwork Orange, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Blade Runner, Alien, Terminator 2, the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Back to the Future rounding out the choices.
There’s a fantasy list as well, which includes The Wizard of Oz, Fellowship of the Ring, and King Kong.
April 2nd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Entertainment Weekly posted 20 villains they missed last time – prompted by reader letters – and this time the Galaxy Far Far Away’s most unapologetic baddie, Palpatine, gets his day in the sun.
January 14th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
From the same folks who did Helm’s Deep last year. Crazy, man. Crazy.
December 12th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
MSN movies places Return of the Jedi (Okay…) and Return of the King (Which one of the six… Oh.) on their list of worst movie endings ever. Titanic is there too, as well as a good handful of Spielberg flicks. (That said, AI deserves all the scorn it can get.)
October 5th, 2007 by Paula · No Comments
Don’t you just love Hollywood makeups?
September 13th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Just in time for Christmas… The complete soundtrack for The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King will be released on November 6. Yup, all three hours and 50 minutes of score. Also, this is the first I’ve heard of a soundtrack book: The Music of the Lord of the Rings Films. And here I though it was Lucasfilm that left no revenue possibility unturned.
- MTV finds Harvard dude to talk more about crystal skulls. Bored now.
- Transformers in IMAX may be 5 minutes longer than standard release. So, fanboys: two extra pairs of underwear this time, okay?
- Buck Rodgers next up for ‘reimagining?’ Yes Hollywood, you have no shame. We know.
- Tron sequel gets director. Is this joke ever going to get a punchline?
- Speaking of, Aliens vs. Predator: Requiem will give ‘fans’ a look at the Predator homeworld. It’s full of eels!
- Jessica Alba wants Fantastic offspring in next film. Spandex pregnancy padding: The final frontier.
- Kevin McKidd might show up in Thor film. But not as Thor, it seems. Sheesh. Why bother, then?
August 10th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Artoo is #3 on The Onion’s A.V. Club’s Thirteen sidekicks who are cooler than their heroes. Also honored are Willow, Samwise Gamgee, Inigo Montoya and Sideshow Bob.
August 8th, 2007 by Yav · 1 Comment
Seems LOTR director Peter Jackson has the best guest house in the world! And Sir Ian McKellen will be staying there while in Wellington to perform in King Lear with the Royal Shakespeare Company.
“He kept the set of Bag End, which was Frodo’s house, and set it up for guests with running water, so I’m going to spend the night there,” Sir Ian said yesterday.
“It’ll be the one the hobbits were in which made them look small, so it’ll be big enough for humans.”
I wonder if Sir Ian would put in a good word for us. Can you imagine what a fantastic con suite it would make? I wonder if Frodo would bring us fresh towels?
July 11th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Harry Potter movies still lag behind Star Wars saga in the box office, though they have beaten Lord of the Rings. In other epic comparison news, Luke goes head to head with Harry and Frodo.
Nice of you to drop by
- ComputerWorld interview with ILM’s John Knoll.
- Travel blog Lost Weekend looks at visiting some of the places SW was filmed.
- R2-D2 is top of the ‘bots.
- Dustin Roberts final address as fan club president.
- Australian mayor pleads not guilty to theft of money that bought a Darth Vader voice changer.
- British storntrooper speaks
- Fan confronts school board dressed as Jedi to make point about dress code.
- Article on Billy Dee William’s latest gig, General Hospital: Night Shift
→ 1 CommentFiled: fandom · people · star wars
Tagged: artoo · billy dee williams · dueling franchises · harry potter · ilm · john knoll · lists · lord of the rings