If you can, head down to Lauderhill, Florida to see it before it closes on August 29th!
- Knitsaber (pattern) by our own CarbonScoring, $4. Or purchase them already made in green, purple, hot pink, glow in the dark or Asajj Ventress-style, $17-25.
- Clone Trooper Pinata by Pinatas By Mail, $24.95. There’s a Darth Vader avaliable as well.
- Star Wars Peggies (two sets of four) by Naked Peggies, $30.
- Yoda Penguin by The Pink Koala, $9.
- Finger Puppets (set of nine) by littlefox71, $22. A set of four goes for $10.
- Joda, a Scrappy Catnip Monster by On A Whimm, $8.
Back in December, Joss Whedon was interviewed by Kim Werker of Crochet Me. They discussed his thoughts on what he describes as the ‘desperate rivalry between knitters and crocheters’, why crafters should watch Firefly, his secret past as a crocheter and knitter, and of course the ever popular Jayne Hat.
How did Kim score the interview? By getting the entire geekcraft community to shout for his attention, of course.
Our own Nori created this stunning Jedi baby ensemble for a forthcoming bundle of joy named Ben. Complete with a teeny knitted lightsaber! Be sure to click through to see the layers and other details.
We’ve already pointed you to the crocheted Dalek.
Waaaay back in the distant past of geekdom, lots of people were knitting Dr. Who scarves, a tradition that has re-ignited. There are lots of patterns floating around on the web. Check out the pattern roundup if you need help figuring out how to knit a garter stitch scarf.
The Dubai Steamtroopers are not alone… In Bangkok, artist Yumi Modal and family are also crafting Star Wars figures from metal. Is this the start of a new trend? Graffiti is so last season. (via)
Someone made a tiny version of the Shadows of the Empire novel. But why SOTE? Is there a whole collection of these things out there somewhere? What a terrifying prospect!
Y’know, I’m starting to suspect that Dunc has a secret yearning to be crafty, in the Hobby Lobby kinda sense, at least. She keeps coming across this nifty stuff that really has to be shared. Since there are many crafty types on Club Jade (who are actually out of the closet, that is), we present them to you here:
Still reluctant to turn back into a Muggle after the hype of the past few weeks?
- An entire blog devoted to the knitty side of the Wizarding World, or
- Counterfeit some Wizard coinage for the next time you hit Diagon Alley.
Okay. You’d rather stick with the needle arts?
- Ease yourself out of Harry Potter and back into the Star Wars galaxy by knitting your favorite baby a felted Yoda hat
- Money woes preventing you from buying that new game system? Embroider your own!
- Don’t forget to crochet some games to go with it, while you’re at it
- Is sewing more your thing? How about hitchhiking across the galaxy with this really nifty Planetoid Purse?
Alright. Your skills lie elsewhere. Like food maybe?
- Make your favorite geek’s snacktime special with Circuitry Snacks
- Or ramp up the classiness of your wedding with this Mario cake or an entire XBox!
If you are geekily crafty, we’d love to share it. Just drop us a line!