The most surprising thing about Entertainment Weekly’s list of 17 sci-fi misfires? None of the Star Wars films are on it – although Blade Runner is. Huh.
June 11th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
February 18th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Jumper topped the box office this weekend, adding fuel to the fire that the combined power of Hayden Christensen and Samuel L. Jackson can propel a movie to do well even if the reviews are bad and there’s no giant all-powerful franchise backing it up. Or, maybe people just like sci-fi tinged action movies starring pretty boys and handsome badasses. Will we ever know?
Did anyone see it? Opinions?
February 15th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Yesterday’s big news was clearly the Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull teaser, but there were several other developments of note…
- USA Today has the first look at the Wolverine prequel. Looks kind of like an outtake from the first X-film, no?
- No Spock this year: Paramount pushes Star Trek back to May 2009.
- Check out a scary Wer-wolf figure from Prince Caspain.
- Jumper came out today: The reviews? Not so great. Would you perfer another star? A rapper, perhaps?
February 3rd, 2008 by Blu · No Comments
There are some videos as well as still shots from the teleporting-mutant movie Jumper with Samuel L. Jackson and Hayden Christensen, which comes out in a couple of weeks. Jackson twirls a mean taser! I wonder if he learned that by playing with lightsabers.
January 22nd, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
2007 must have been good for sci-fi, because the only genre films to get Razzie nods were known crudfests Ghost Rider (Nicolas Cage, Worst Actor,) Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (Jessica Alba, Worst Actress, Worst Screen Couple with three of her co-stars, including Hayden Christiansen for Awake and F4′s Ioan Gruffudd.) and Alien vs. Predator: Requiem (Worst Prequel or Sequel, Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie.) And let’s not forget poor Orlando Bloom (Worst Supporting Actor) in Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End. Cinematical has the full list.
- Come fall, you’ll be able to unleash the Cloverfield monster on your unsuspecting toy collection.
- At Sundance, Bill Pullman is down with Grand Moff Tarkin.
- Oni is offering a 23-page preview of their Jumper’s comic-book.
- Head on over to NCC-1701.com for some Trek viral goodness.
- William Hurt talks Hulk, Iron Man.
- Eye Candy: Prince Caspian pictures!
January 17th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Not much detail, but plenty of pictures for the Hayden-lovers. Fair warning: It’s posted at ohnotheydidnt, Livejournal’s lowest-common-denominator celebrity gossip comm, so don’t read the comments if you value your sanity.
My sanity is already shot, so I read far enough to find that Just Jared also has pictures.
January 11th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
According to AICN, MIT LSC will be holding a free sneak preview of Jumper on Wednesday January 16th. Following the screening, a discussion panel about the film and the the physics of teleportation with star Hayden Christensen, director Doug Liman and physics professors Max Tegmark and Edward Farhi.
December 15th, 2007 by Paula · No Comments
October 11th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Yesterday was a big day for Hayden Christensen and Samuel L. Jackson fans, as the first trailer for Jumper was released. The movie is based on the book by Steven Gould, which means even Boing Boing got in on the squee action.