- TV: Tina Fey was spotted wearing a Leia ’08 t-shirt on Saturday Night Live’s season premiere this weekend. On that note, io9’s list of SNL’s best sci-fi sketches contains bonus Mark Hamill.
- Food: Star Wars bento boxes? Wacky!
- List: Yoda (though not in cake form) is one of Great White Snark’s top five unexpectedly bad-ass geek heroes.
- New cover from Japan, Timothy Zahn’s Allegiance, over at the Japanese cover gallery. There’s a new Last of the Jedi one up as well. Death Star expected soon, no word on LOTF… (via)
- Thrawn (and Ackbar) get a little love over at io9’s list of greatest space strategists.
- TFN reports that author Troy Denning will be on the Philadelphia-area radio show To Be Continued this Sunday.
StarWars.com gets back on the Japan track with 10 Cool Star Wars Posters from Japan. No, they’re not all this bad.
Tonight on StarWars.com, a look at Japanese Claw Machine Prizes. I believe I’ve seen some of the stuff (lightsaber TV remotes and lamps, the pillows above) in U.S. stores (or Thinkgeek) but much of it is all-new.
Japanese tea towels are actually, suprisingly, kind of neat. I love the Artoo Mount Fuji. Also: Shampoo bottles and pepper mills!
We’ve joked about eating Ewoks and Gungans, but this is a whole new level… Steve Sansweet reports on Star Wars sushi.
The very latest in the constant parade of extremely puzzling merchandise is Stormtrooper and Vader golf gear. From Japan, naturally. Gotta give them credit for not just slapping a silkscreen on a generic bag, at least in the case of the Stormtrooper.
The official site asks collectors to pick Japan’s best Star Wars merchandise.