James Earl Jones returns to voice Vader on Rebels. Lucasfilm confirms via The Hollywood Reporter the reports that ‘Spark of Rebellion’ will air on ABC on October 26.
A very Star Wars engagement. This unnamed Bay Area Jedi/Sith couple put aside their differences for a Star Wars themed photo shoot by photographer Michael James. We have every faith those crazy kids will make it work, one way or another. (via)
Stunts. ‘Darth Vader’ submits a claim for 1,000 square meters of Ukraine. Good luck with that.
TV. Why is Chewbacca hanging out with the Glee folks? On second thought, having finally given up on the show this season, I don’t want to know.
People. James Earl Jones received an honorary Oscar.
Blast from the past. The internet has unearthed a 1978 interview with Mark Hamill.
Bloopers! Deleted scenes! Man, this kid is everywhere… (He met James Earl Jones!)
The Screen Actors Guild will be giving the voice of Darth Vader a lifetime achievement award in January.
Those crazy list-making folks at the American Film Institute have placed A New Hope in second place on their list of the top 10 science fiction films. Click through to see the original trailer and some clips of James Earl Jones talking about the film.
The top spot goes to 2001, with E.T., A Clockwork Orange, The Day the Earth Stood Still, Blade Runner, Alien, Terminator 2, the original Invasion of the Body Snatchers and Back to the Future rounding out the choices.
There’s a fantasy list as well, which includes The Wizard of Oz, Fellowship of the Ring, and King Kong.
It pales in comparison to the news of the week, but Mark Hamill is one of Times Online’s 33 funniest Simpson’s cameos for Mayored to the Mob, the episode that features the classic ‘Luke be a Jedi Tonight’ The only clip I can find of it on Youtube is mostly dubbed in Spanish. Except for the song. Okay!
In the News
- LFL’s $5.8 million a year Presidio rent helps with upkeep of the national park
- The Marc Ecko line gets some press in USA Today
- IGN interviews Breckin Meyer about Robot Chicken. Lots of Star Wars special stuff, mostly on the second page.
- Report on James Earl Jones’ Declaration of Independence reading
- Claudia Kaven, who played Padme’s sister Sola Naberrie in the prequels, landed a lead in Daybreakers, a futuristic vampire flick.
From the Blogside
- AT-AT stroller dad at it again. More pictures!
- What would Chewbacca drive?
- Darth Vader doesn’t want an iPhone – he wants this phone.
- Star Wars Egg Art. Well… it’s… um… different.
- Costumed fans pitching in at Wings Over The Rockies Air Museum next week.
- There’s a post-Star Wars void? No one told us!
Rick McCallum received an award at the European Digital Cinema and HDTV conference in Spain, and, according to the guy who wrote TFN showed a preview of 3-D Star Wars to the crowd.
Busy day in these parts
- Marc Ecko Star Wars fashions
- James Earl Jones to recite U.S. Declaration of Independence (via TOSblog)
- Celebration Europe: The Force Unleashed is going, as well as yet more guests.
- Collector Jason Gibner featured in Metro Time Detroit’s Motor City Cribs.
- In that vein: “How To Display This Star Wars Collection (and keep the boyfriend)?” at Apartment Therapy.
- Star Wars holiday for the kids. Why not?
- Fan donates hair to play Luke Skywalker on parade float.
- 11-year-old fencer inspired by Star Wars
- 501st TIE makes debut
- Another international Star Wars convention – Poland’s Dagobah 2007
Someone has a sense of humor… Of all the animals to name after Yoda, a giraffe? He is, however, an “unusually gentle and calm giraffe,” according to the director of his former zoo.
James Earl Jones is fifth on the list of Forbes‘ most trusted celebrities.
Is the Force becoming reality? Or do science writers just really, really want you to read their story?