What list of fearsome movie gangsters would be complete without Jabba the Hutt? I don’t see any of those other slackers making bikini girls dance for them or displaying those who’ve wronged them in the form of giant foil-wrapped candy bars, do you?
IN THE NEWS
- Discovery declared safe for re-entry.
- George Lucas received the Irving M. Levin award earlier this week. We’ve known about the award for some time, but hardcore Lucas-watchers will appreciate this report from the event.
- Fractal Matter posts the second part of their Rick McCallum interview.
- Video: Buckingham Palace greets Saudi king with the Imperial March. Snicker.
- TK-7602’s step-by-step on the making of the Jabba puppet. Hey, you never know when you’re going to need a crime lord.
- Brad Pitt and Maddox Jolie-Pitt had a Star Wars Halloween.
- Mad offices home to Star Wars pinball machine.
- Carrie Fisher’s 30 Rock appearance is now online.
- Hayden Christensen signs on to Beast of Bataan, while Natalie Portman now has a two-year production deal.
- The Void interviews Dave Prowse.
- Merchandise: Star Wars ‘costume’ t-shirts at Urban Outfitters Folks, this really will not make you cool. No, it won’t.
- This wee felt Leia pin (among others) might, though.
ONE FOR THE ROAD
- Top ten other things that Han shot that didn’t shoot at him first. Warning: Bitter fanboy. But a mildly amusing bitter fanboy!