November 1st, 2007 by Dunc · 3 Comments
October 26th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
- Who is Hal Wamsley, the Jawa impersonator?
- Star Wars takes over ferry terminal.
- J.K. Rowling badmouths Star Wars prequels? Or did she? Two-bit celebrity wire services, ehh.
LISTS & THE LIKE
- Eight life lessons from Star Wars all kids should learn
- Three lessons Darth Vader taught me about money.
- Time namechecks Artoo and Threepio in their obligatory gay Dumbledore article.
- Be Leia for Halloween.
- Ewan McGregor to be the face for new fragrance.
- George Lucas Educational Foundation teaches schools to be more green.
- Review of the 30 Rock episode Carrie Fisher guest-starred in.
- Interview with Natalie Portman on her appearance in tonight’s Animal Planet documentary Gorillas on the Brink. She also has a piece in this week’s Parade.
THE LAST WORD
→ 1 CommentFiled: fiction · people · star wars
Tagged: artoo · carrie fisher · darth vader · ewan mcgregor · george lucas · harry potter · j k rowling · jawas · lists · lucas foundation · natalie portman · threepio
October 25th, 2007 by Paula · No Comments
This is usually Yav’s beat, but she’s all busy doing something silly, like actual work. ::snort:: At any rate, the insanity of the Dumbledore outing continues.
- Giving validation to all the slash-fic’ers out there, David Thewlis (aka Remus Lupin) reports that he and director Alfonso Cuaron missed the mark a bit where his own character’s sexuality was concerned. (Plus, a nice story about David’s new book.)
- Jo, herself, got grilled a bit in Toronto, afterwards. And gives hope that a bit more of the Harry Potter universe might appear after a bit of a break.
- And GLAAD reminds us to play nice.
October 19th, 2007 by Yav · 3 Comments
J.K. Rowling revealed that Neville Longbottom marries Hannah Abbott and that Albus Dumbledore was gay during tonight’s reading and book signing at NYC’s Carnegie Hall.
Let the wank begin!
October 15th, 2007 by Yav · 1 Comment
J.K. Rowling launched her book tour in Los Angeles by signing 1,600 books for school children, and answering questions about the highly anticipated Harry Potter encyclopedia (don’t hold your breath waiting for that one) and — surprise, surprise — Severus Snape.
September 17th, 2007 by Yav · No Comments
A rare set of the Harry Potter book series, signed by J.K. Rowling, is to be auctioned off for charity.
They will be auctioned off on eBay in aid of local charity Books Abroad which supplies books to children in 80 countries worldwide.
The Potter books are expected to raise at least £20,000.
Also, the release dates for Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix have been confirmed as November 12 in the UK and December 11 in the United States (no word official word on Canada yet).
August 23rd, 2007 by Yav · 2 Comments
Scholastic has finally kicked off their sweepstakes to distribute tickets to J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows reading at Carnegie Hall in New York City. The date for the event is Friday, October 19.
Rowling will be doing a total of four readings on her U.S. tour, but the Carnegie Hall gig is the only one that adults have a shot of attending.
Contest rules also state that if you win, you must bring Yav with you.
August 21st, 2007 by Yav · Comments Off
Scottish crime writer Ian Rankin admits he was only joking about J.K. Rowling working on a crime novel.
“This is a joke that got out of hand,” said Rankin, describing how the remark was made on stage during the course of a [Edinburgh] festival event.
“There were 600 people in the audience, and only one person didn’t laugh,” he added.
The AP and other wire services picked up the story, and it was all over the news last weekend. Good one, Ian, but you should have gone for romance novel!
August 18th, 2007 by Yav · Comments Off
Um, maybe. J.K. Rowling is reportedly taking to the cafes of Edinburgh again, this time penning a crime novel.
Thanks to HollywdLiz for the find!
July 30th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
J.K Rowling answered fan questions in a web chat at Bloomsbury.com today. At the link, Leaky’s transcript.