October 25th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
October 21st, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
No, this has nothing to do with Battlestar Galactica, it’s a TIE Fighter made by Wired’s Dan Winters out of nonperishable stuff easily found at a local Starbucks coffee shop:
He used nearly 50 ‘Bucks cups and a crazy number of stirrers to build this, the coolest TIE Fighter ever. “The ribbing on the drink holders reminded me of solar panels,” Winters says. “That instantly registered ‘TIE fighter’ in my head.”
(See a bigger picture at the link.) Wired is running a contest, and I bet there’s a lot more Star Wars stuff to be made from cups and stirrers. Get to it! (via)
August 29th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
July 14th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Shocking! io9 thinks that Ahsoka Tano is going to die. We say: No shit, Sherlock.
- Fansites: Share your EU musings on EUC’s EUBlogs.
- Project: Make your collection classy with a miniatures wall decoration.
- Time-wasting: Mando fans can customize (to the point of being nearly ridiculous) their fantasy armor with the Mandalorian Merc’s Mandomaker.
June 18th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Flashback: 14-year old Dave Lowe’s Revenge of the Jedi fan comic from 1980. There’s Luke/Leia kissing and sleeveless Vader! (via) In a more professional capacity, he also did some work for a Sci-Fi Channel Star Wars marathon back in 1993.
- Fan sites: MizzeeOh, we we know as a contributer over at EUC, has launched a new KOTOR site, Carbonite Dreams.
- Howto: A cheap custom lightsaber at Instructables.
- Lists: Topless Robot places Boba Fett in the #1 spot in their list of the 10 most awesome characters ruined by fans. Can I get an amen? (The real shocker of the article: Sonic the Hedgehog has fans?)
June 28th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
I heard somewhere that ‘Hammerhead’ is offensive to the Ithorian people. I’m not sure how they’d feel about a likeness made of socks, though.
May 11th, 2007 by Dunc · 2 Comments
April 25th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
Because you can’t make Jayne hats all the time, people. (Thanks, Bonnie!)