Looking for the perfect wall treatment for your Star Wars room? ThinkGeek is now selling Super7’s Imperial Forces Wallpaper. Hand-screened and flocked, this paper is officially licensed and ready to go. And, best of all – from a distance, who can tell? That’s class.
Oh, ThinkGeek. OF COURSE you’re producing a lightsaber candlestick just in time for the holidays. Of course.
Since it’s a holiday weekend – at least here in the U.S! – and we all have other things going on, here’s a quick sweep through the week’s best fannish links.
- Arkansas, of all places, has a Star Wars-themed grilled cheese food truck. Sandwiches include the “Cheebacca” and “Jack to the Future.” (Photo by redditpoweruser.)
- Vulture has a history of the movie prequel. There’s also how to make a sequel, but Star Wars doesn’t get a mention. Perhaps because The Empire Strikes Back ruined everything?
- Go offbeat with home decor that channels the Death Star and a Star Wars wedding down under. (Nice choice for a wedding dress!)
- Utah Vader and co. profiled in The Salt Lake Tribune
- Make a X-Wing soapbox derby car or an “I know” embroidery case.
- Brand Wars: From Sith, Jedi, and Vader to everything in-between.
- io9 takes a look back at “Lapti Nek.“
Quotables. Alice in Wonderland producer Richard D. Zanuck calls George Lucas “the Thomas Edison of our time.”
Under the stars. Take a peek at this Star Wars nursery.
Well, it is kind of true. Yoda is one of Cracked’s 6 famous movie wisemen who were totally full of shit.
And the best part? It lights up:
Here are some of the things I’ve micro-blogged over @clubjade in the last week or so.
Sci-fi raver chic, or… Eventually, some fan costumer is going to get their hands on this fiber-optic fabric, and we’re going to be seeing walking holograms at cons.
My god! “Star Trek’s entire history in all media over the last four decades has been nothing but revisions and reboots. ” And so it is. Fascinating stuff… And very familiar.
For my peeps. Jezebel takes the TV teen queens of the early 90’s head to head. Blossom or Clarissa?
Geek decor. Twenty brilliant bookcases.
I have a feeling no one actually uses this. Tour the Star Wars bathroom. And if they do, I feel very sorry for whoever has to clean it.
Lists. Jennifer Volpe’s Top Ten Best ‘Star Wars’ Games. I’m taking a strange ornery pride in the fact that I haven’t played a single one. (Please don’t tell me to start. Some people don’t read: I don’t game.)
And finally, cake. You know it’s love when she makes you a Star Destroyer.