James Michael Tyler talks to Jonathan Rinzler about The Art of Revenge of the Sith and The Making of, as well as Matthew Stover about the ROTS novelization and James Luceno about Dark Lord.
Screw that, have more funny
- Matthew ‘General Grievous’ Wood and Warwick Davis sing a classic Disney song.
- Hayden Christensen on MTV’s TRL.
- Budweiser Star Wars. I’m sorry.
- To continue tonight’s slide into cheesiness, a Jeff Foxworthy/Star Wars mashup. Really, very, very sorry.
- Okay, okay, here’s something that will only make you cringe a little: 1977 cast interview on The Today Show.
Here’s some of what’s been going on in the outside world.
Speaking of comics, don’t bother looking for Legacy #3 in stores. It was supposed to come out today (the schedule even said so until this morning) but it’s… not. Word on the boards is that last week’s books didn’t ship either. (I don’t know: I only buy Legacy.) Dark Horse isn’t the only one: Something is rotten in the comics industry.
“May the force be with you” tops online quote poll. And I don’t think TFN linked the poll, which means it might actually have won fair and square. Cool.
Some new Star Wars miniatures debuted at GenCon. The set includes a “Mystral” Shadow Guard, but unless they came with booze and/or naked men, I don’t think any of us noticed. Also, it seems they’re restarting the RPG.
Colleen Doran witnesses The Fan From Hell. I think we’ve found one that beats the Woodtick, folks.
Other stuff I would have blogged:
- NASA has misplaced the original moon landing tapes. Our tax dollars at work!
- Daniel Radcliffe is down with Harry Potter dying.
- Crazy mofo has “temporary” Wolverine piercing. My hand hurts just looking at it.
- Hayden Christensen making some movie.
- Things writers have no control over. (Add to the list: Killing Chewbacca.)
- The Top 8 Shows For SF Myth Busters.
- 11 Things in Fantasy/That I Don’t Promise Not to Use (or Keep Using) in My Writing and 6 More Things I Could do Without in Fantastic Literature & I don’t plan to use except to make fun of.
- Don’t light sparklers in a gazebo when it’s raining.
- Don’t duct-tape decorations to the suite walls.
- Don’t tell the Darksiders you’re hungry.
- Don’t put marzipan in Jello.
- Do not, under any circumstances, substitute tequila for vodka.
- No matter how much alcohol you’ve had, never let Yav duct tape a padawan braid to your hair.
- When meeting a fellow Jader for the first time, you can just tell.
- When Jessa asks for ice, darn it, you shlep the ice. (Karrdes only.)
- If you see a CJer doing something that you know cannot possibly turn out well… Get a camera.
- What happens at JadeCon, stays at JadeCon. Unless Dunc blogs it.
- Invoke the name.
- It really sucks putting your hands down Hayden’s shirt.
- It’s always those damn Harry Potter plagiarists’ fault.
“The man who played Anakin Beefstroker was actually better than Hayden Christensen.” – Stephen Colbert, while discussing the (fake) porno Sperm Wars II: Attack of the Bones on his show.
Revenge of the Sith received three nominations from MTV: Hayden Christensen for Best Villian, Ewan McGregor for Best Hero, and Ewan McGregor vs. Hayden Christensen for Best Fight. The Anakin apologists are not going to be happy about this one…
Wherever you stand, you can vote for your favorites at MTV.com.
Hayden Christenson wins Razzie for Worst Supporting Actor. Somewhere, someplace, someone is wanking over this.