According to Hollywood Elsewhere’s “director friend,” Harrison Ford’s head will probably be digitally imposed on a body double. It’s a rumor, yes, but the effect is not exactly unheard of – it was used for several fight scenes in the prequels involving Ian McDiarmid and Christopher Lee. (via)
And yes, headline aside, I do have the upmost faith that ILM can achieve better than some random girl on the internet in 2004. Assuming they’re just not going to have Han sitting in the cockpit of the Falcon for the whole film.
Meanwhile, Jedi News has heard that while there is a production break on set right now for the necessary shuffling, the crew are “in amazingly high and confident spirits” with “no sense of panic whatsoever.”
LEGO brings us the minifigure cast of Episode VII… It is pretty cute, but slave Leia, really? Meanwhile, it appears that Omaze is adding a lunch with J.J. Abrams to A Force for Change. Enter by Friday for a chance to win that one.
And in the Harrison Ford doom and gloom department, not only do we have the Oscar Isaac rumor, but the San Jose Mercury News says that one of the options that was (supposedly) being discussed at Pinewood the other day could involve writing Ford out of the film entirely. Don’t hold your breath for that one…
According to Jedi News, there was a meeting today at Pinewood to discuss a possible delay due to Harrison Ford’s injury. Recent (if not particularly trustworthy) reports have him needing 6 months of rehab to recover. And Jedi News has heard rumblings that production “could be pushed back by a substantial amount of time.”
Nothing here is particularly solid, but I doubt a delay to, say, May 2016 release would be met with that much objection from the fandom. Disney, on the other hand…
UPDATE: PR is telling TFN there is still no change in the release date. Because of course they are, at this point. If there’s any truth to these rumors, there’s a lot of rubber-stamping that’ll need to be done before PR can confirm anything.
Rumor: Harrison Ford out for six months, flying back to U.S. for rehab? This is via The Sun, so it’s not exactly written in stone, but they claim that Harrison Ford will require six months of rehab for his broken leg, not eight weeks as we’ve heard earlier.
Despite earlier (confirmed by Lucasfilm!) reports that Harrison Ford’s ankle had been injured on set, his publicist has today says he actually (or also) suffered a broken leg. BBC News reports:
“His surgery was successful and he will begin rehab shortly,” continued Ina Treciokas in a statement. “He’s doing well and looks forward to returning to work.”
The incident involved a garage door, not the Millennium Falcon (ramp?) as was widely reported. (via)
Report: Harrison Ford out for up to eight weeks after breaking his ankle on set, the ever-popular ‘sources’ told The Hollywood Reporter, among others. Filming is continuing, and Episode VII is still expected to make the December 18, 2015 release date.
Harrison Ford’s ankle was broken Thursday when a door from the Millennium Falcon fell, The Hollywood Reporter claims. Lucasfilm has confirmed an injury, but not the extent or exact cause. The Telegraph reports Saturday that Ford’s wife Callista Flockhart is flying out as the U.K. press piles on that the injury may be worse than we’re hearing.
“Shooting will continue as planned while he recuperates,” Lucasfilm said.
J.J. Abrams, Harrison Ford and Oscar Issac out and about in London. It’s the Daily Mail, so only the pictures are really worth anything, but if you’re on cast watch…
A few Episode VII tidbits floating around lately: Oscar Isaac said recently that he starts shooting at the end of May, while Andy Serkis has praised the cast and script:
“It’s a wonderful, wonderful cast, really beautiful director, great atmosphere… Star Wars was my childhood, so it’s fantastic,” he said.
The 50-year-old also said security around the script is “very tight”.
He added: “You can’t wander off with it.”
He also called Daisy Ridley “an amazing choice.” (via)
Meanwhile, at Elsetree, a familiar name has apparently stolen Simon Pegg’s parking space.
Harrison Ford and Han Solo bury the lightsaber. In an essay for Entertainment Weekly, Anthony Breznican reflects on Harrison Ford, Han Solo, and Ford’s own previous disdain for the character.