This hilarious remix highlights the most typically high school movie-esque parts of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince — already the silliest of the adaptions.
Cleolinda has posted her latest movie in 15 minutes: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
George tops Forbes Hollywood list. George Lucas is the top earner on the business mag’s brand new list of Hollywood’s highest-paid men. (Wait, men? I guess Oprah isn’t ‘Hollywood.’) Coming up second is Steven Spielberg, and Harrison Ford shows up at #11.
Number games Because Harry Potter could soon beat Star Wars as the best-grossing movie franchise in the U.S. And yeah, while it didn’t beat Transformers 2′s opening weekend, Half-Blood Prince hasn’t done too shabby. (Would J.K. Rowling count as ‘Hollywood,’ Forbes?)
Flashback. Geoff Boucher digs up an old photo from the 70′s.
So this week we finally get the release of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. And it seems like it was only yesterday that we were grumbling about the delay.
- Rotten Tomatoes has the film in at 98% fresh with 41 reviews in! Pretty good odds, no?
- Sci Fi Wire looks at how, where and why Half-Blood Prince deviates from the book.
- Entertainment Weekly looks at Potter through a teen-movie lens.
- Hero Complex has continued their Potter countdown by talking to such folks as Michael Gambon (Dumbledore,) Bonnie Wright (Ginny,) Natalia Tena (Tonks,) composer Nicholas Hooper and more.
- Find the lion’s share of stills from the film at io9.
- And looking forward to Deathly Hallows, Pirates of the Caribbean’s Bill Nighy is on board to play Minister of Magic Rufus Scrimgeour.
First Airbender pics are here. If you squint you can see Aang’s tattoo, but Zuko’s scar (and ponytail) seem MIA. Sigh.
Seriously, what if it sucks? Fanboys to head to Sydney for a sequel? Nice idea, but I’m not holding my breath.
Obligatory Twilight news. Kristen Stewart looks thrilled to be in the New Moon poster. Meanwhile, poor Robert Pattinson confirms they’ll be taking the movies all the way through Breaking Dawn. I for one can’t wait to see how they handle the… Well, you know.
We’re poised to enter blockbuster season Friday with the release of X-Men Origins: Wolverine on Friday, but which big summer movies are you most looking forward to? Vote on the sidebar or under the cut. Continue reading
AND it’s out.
This is supposed to go up at 9 EST tonight, but apparently E! jumped the gun. I’m on my way out the door, so keep up at /Film.
This is the English version of the Japanese trailer, with an additional focus on Jim Broadbent’s Professor Slughorn.