Not even Star Wars can make me watch a two-hour prime-time game show, but those of you who did, what did you think? io9 wasn’t particularly impressed, but they did lead me to the little video recap clip.
April 29th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
April 28th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
If you’re a fan of cheesy prime-time game shows and/or Howie Mandel, be sure to tune into NBC tonight for the two-hour Star Wars-themed episode of Deal or No Deal tonight. Carrie Fisher, the 501st, and various costumed folks are set to appear.
You can watch a sneak preview here.
April 4th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Last month, we reported that Deal or No Deal shot a Star Wars episode. Today, we get official word and details from the StarWars.com blog: The Star Wars-themed Deal or No Deal episode will air April 28th on NBC and feature two fans (Elyse McCrillis and Brad Flinchum) who will compete for a two million dollar prize. Carrie Fisher also makes an appearance.
And yes, the models will be wearing Slave Leia gear – but not for the whole game! Stormtroopers (the 501st?) will be handling suitcase duty for the first half.
March 19th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
A Bothan spy informs me that NBC shot a two-hour Star Wars-themed episode of the game show Deal or no Deal yesterday. Three guesses as to how they dressed the briefcase models, and the first two don’t count.
Air date unknown, but I would guess sometime this summer.
September 21st, 2007 by Dunc · No Comments
Trivia masters rejoice: Jeopardy! added a Star Wars category today. It’s already aired here (curses!) so I have to ask: just how obsessed does one have to be to make the $1000 question laughable?
In the News
- Add David Cronenberg to the list of directors who could have made Return of the Jedi. (via)
- TFN reports that Christine Hewett, who played one of the Tonnika sisters in ANH, has past away.
- Jake Lloyd as Anakin Skywalker tops New York Magazine’s list of ten annoying child actors they’d love to send to Kid Nation. I must object – one film, no matter how disapointing, simply isn’t enough to justify putting Lloyd above any prepubescent cast member of Full House. That show terrorized American airwaves for eight years, not counting syndication.
- AFI is sponsering 11 screenings in Hollywood to celebrate its 40th anniversary, including George Lucas presenting A New Hope. Alas, tickets “sold out faster than the Falcon made the Kessel Run,” as Stooge pointed out on Wednesday.
- IGN’s featured Dead Ewok (colloquially known to fandom as Corpsey) as their Obscure Character of the Day for (again) Wednesday.
- The Jedi Assembly celebrates fifth anniversary.
On the TOS
- The runup to Family Guy: Blue Harvest continues with an interview with writer/producer Alec Sulkin and giclée prints on Star Wars Shop.
- Pete Vilmur takes a look at the ‘pointy W’ logo.
- Hyperspace: Bantha Tracks covers Dragon*Con, while the Source Archive explored the insignia of Rogue Squadron and The New Republic as well as two more NewsNet articles: Ralltiir Uprising Quelled and Imperial Senate Suspended.
→ No CommentsFiled: fandom · star wars · star wars on tv
Tagged: afi · ewoks · game shows · george lucas · hyperspace · jake lloyd · lists · return of the jedi · rogue squadron
May 11th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Star Wars will be featured on Jeopardy Tuesday! I love Jeopardy. So why haven’t I watched it since college?