October 16th, 2008 by Paula · 3 Comments
Bonnie scored yet another cool interview. This time, she talks to JJ Abrams; he of Lost and Fringe and of another small series you might have heard about. (Star Trek, people! Not Felicity.)
So apparently JJ found out that you can’t take cows across the border from Canada. It had to have an American stand-in. And he loves creating interactive websites that expand his shows.
And as a long-time Star Wars fan, he had a really cool idea for StarWars.com: how about an online Galactic Senate where fans could debate issues? Star Wars fans love to debate things!
Filed: people · star wars · tv
Tagged: fringe · jj abrams · lost · star trek
October 8th, 2008 by Paula · 4 Comments
Entertainment industry strikes have an interesting way of shaking up the following season. This one is no exception.
- Heroes is steadily dropping with each episode: down 18% from the already-sluggish season premiere. However, according to EOnline, it’s doing really well on Hulu. (Have you people learned nothing from Stargate? TV execs and advertisers don’t understand this whole alternative viewing thing, yet. Watch it live if you want to keep it!)
- Sarah Connor is, according to SyFyPortal, on the verge of cancellation, but also thriving in the alternative market.
- Chuck is holding on, but has also dropped 11%.
So let’s focus on the happy, shall we?
- Clone Wars set a new record for Cartoon Network with 4 million viewers.
- Fringe won the coveted 18-49 demographic
- And even Sanctuary drummed up strong numbers for SciFi with 2.7 million viewers. (Although I suspect this will be another that soon bleeds off to online and DVR viewing.)
Remember, fellow geeks, only you can save TV shows: watch them live!
Filed: star wars · the clone wars · tv
Tagged: chuck · fringe · heroes · sanctuary · terminator
September 9th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
The first big genre series of the season debuts tonight on Fox. Fringe is helmed by J. J. Abrams, aka the man responsible for Alias, Lost, and Felicity (What? I loved that show in college!) It’s also one of the season’s most anticipated new shows for sci-fi fans. (Yes, yes, we’ll see Dollhouse. In January.) We’ve been a little lax in covering it, but head over to io9 for Everything You Need to Know Before Watching Fringe Tonight. Yay?
While we’re on the topic of the fall TV season, SF Signal has posted a roundup of genre offerings old and new.
Tagged: fringe · jj abrams
August 26th, 2008 by Paula · No Comments
Ah, don’t you just love the smell of a new TV season?
There be some spoilery (yet oh, so intriguing) tidbits on Watch with Kristin‘s weekly spoiler chat about returning shows Heroes Smallville and Supernatural.
Speaking of Heroes, TV Guide is also offering up a bit of a sneak peek into the sexy of Season 3. (Hey, if we can get more shirtless Mohinder? I am all for it.)
As for the new shows, JJ Abrams talks to them about Fringe and a little film he’s doing for the Trek franchise.
Firefly and Dr. Horrible‘s Nathan Fillion has had his new series picked up. Not sci-fi, but we wish him luck, all the same. (And could we get a little shirtless action there, too?)
Yup. Smells like a new season!
Filed: people · tv
Tagged: fringe · heroes · jj abrams · nathan fillion · smallville · star trek · supernatural
May 15th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
It’s Fox upfront time, and now we have an ETA on Dollhouse: Look for it on Mondays in January, paired with 24. (A better deal than Firefly, as I guess 24 is still considered a hit… And let’s not forget Buffy started midseason as well.) J.J. Abram’s Fringe, a series that is nearly never mentioned without some sort of X-Files hat tip, is their “big draw” and will be headed for Mondays in the fall, paired with The Sarah Connor Chronicles or Prison Break. (Or, Sarah Connor may go to Wednesdays.) More details at USA Today and Variety.
Tagged: dollhouse · fringe · joss whedon · upfronts