- Shocking! io9 thinks that Ahsoka Tano is going to die. We say: No shit, Sherlock.
- Fansites: Share your EU musings on EUC’s EUBlogs.
- Project: Make your collection classy with a miniatures wall decoration.
- Time-wasting: Mando fans can customize (to the point of being nearly ridiculous) their fantasy armor with the Mandalorian Merc’s Mandomaker.
There’s been an interesting fanfic discussion thread over on TFN’s Literature boards, and for a conversation I thought would drop like a stone it’s actually turned out fairly interesting. (Silly title and all.)
Things are starting to get a little heated towards the end, but such is the risk one takes with TFN.
- Hasbro: Rebelscum has the new Millennium Falcon press release and a couple of high-res photos.
- The Clone Wars: Box art for The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels (via)
- More Nintendo: Light Up Lightsaber Stylus Sets for the DS. It’s not quite a Wiisaber, but you take what you can get.
- Expanded Universe: The Rebelscum boards are polling for interest in EU figures. You do have to have (or register) an account.
Flashback: 14-year old Dave Lowe’s Revenge of the Jedi fan comic from 1980. There’s Luke/Leia kissing and sleeveless Vader! (via) In a more professional capacity, he also did some work for a Sci-Fi Channel Star Wars marathon back in 1993.
- Fan sites: MizzeeOh, we we know as a contributer over at EUC, has launched a new KOTOR site, Carbonite Dreams.
- Howto: A cheap custom lightsaber at Instructables.
- Lists: Topless Robot places Boba Fett in the #1 spot in their list of the 10 most awesome characters ruined by fans. Can I get an amen? (The real shocker of the article: Sonic the Hedgehog has fans?)
The Undercity Portugal blog has a new look – and an interview with Knights of the Old Republic writer John Jackson Miller. They talk about KOTOR, Vector, Indiana Jones and some upcoming projects.
Being ad-heavy and sponsored by an official licensee, I wouldn’t count on your more paranoid fanfic sites to feel particularly welcome here, although the fact that they have a category for them at all is a nice sign. What strikes me as the most unusual is the lack of a general Expanded Universe category – it only appears as a subsection under Characters.
Still, it was on TFN yesterday, so site owners will no doubt be submitting listings like mad for a good week or so.
- T-shirts: The latest Steampunk Artoo… Now you see it, now you don’t.
- Fan sites: Wookieepedia is one of Wired’s eight best non-Wikipedia pedias.
- Craft: Fold yourself a Cubetrooper, Indiana Jones, Fetility Idol or any number of others.
- Lists: Topless Robot’s eight biggest reasons Indiana Jones is better than Han Solo, ten greatest spaceship chases ever, ten most blatant Star Wars toy rip-offs of the ’70s and Cracked’s eight classic movie robots that suck at their jobs. Hogwash!
At 328,784 bytes, Corran Horn’s entry is the biggest on the wiki, outpacing Palpatine, Anakin, and Luke. (Mara is #5.) Corran’s quote page, at #13, is bigger than Han Solo’s entire entry. (Note: Reading any of these pages may lead to LOTF spoilers, including some for Invincible.)
The hell, Wookieepedia? Is Stackpole moonlighting over there or something?