Björn Hurri has a number of great steampunk Star Wars drawings he’s sharing over at Gorilla Artfare. I was pretty impressed with his Yoda (clickthrough for the whole thing) and Leia, but there’s plenty more and they’re all fantastic: C-3P0, a jawa, a speeder bike, Jabba the Hutt, Fett, a stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Yoda, Han and Luke.
- Politics: When in the GFFA…
- Technology: Phonesaber returns… as a The Force Unleashed tie-in? At least it’s free! Also, people are creating Star Wars vehicles in Spore.
- Lists: io9 thoughtfully includes Revenge of the Sith in their list of the best skin-melting scenes from sci-fi. Melting, frying… They’re almost the same thing! (And apparently Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn’t count.)
- Hipsters! Hold onto your Pabst, Star Wars is live (and authorized!) in San Francisco this weekend.
- Funny: You want to read this tale of customer service woe. Just trust me. (Warning: Language.)
- Fan art: The Mona Leia could be yours for only $1225.
- Video: Building the Lego Death Star.
- Ancient history: Early movie piracy with Apple’s Steve Wozniak.
- Lists: Topless Robot counts down Mark Hamill’s ten greatest post-Star Wars roles.
- Graphjam: Possible responses to Padme’s death over time, choices according to Yoda, the CGI uncanny valley, a small moon (and again.)
io9 includes Darth Vader in The Greatest Art Featuring 6 Iconic Scifi Villains. Some of it is fairly old hat (The Vader Project? So 2007!) but there’s always someone shocked by it. Besides, they have a brand-new spiffy robot chart as a consolation prize for those of us a bit too jaded for our own good.