Great White Snark spotted even more Star Wars My Little Pony customs – Yoda and Darth Maul by DeviantArt’s Anime Amy. Most of her other ponies are indeed anime-themed, but she does have Godzilla, Davy Jones and (weirdest of all) an Optimus Prime ponies.
The idea behind the HERD series is to put focus on items of Western Pop culture that has and still influences me in the Design field as well as the new Artistic direction for ITEM. I wanted to show that these type of items, though mass produced and marketed, were infact what I considered art growing up as opposed to disposal product.
Björn Hurri has a number of great steampunk Star Wars drawings he’s sharing over at Gorilla Artfare. I was pretty impressed with his Yoda (clickthrough for the whole thing) and Leia, but there’s plenty more and they’re all fantastic: C-3P0, a jawa, a speeder bike, Jabba the Hutt, Fett, a stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Yoda, Han and Luke.
- Politics: When in the GFFA…
- Technology: Phonesaber returns… as a The Force Unleashed tie-in? At least it’s free! Also, people are creating Star Wars vehicles in Spore.
- Lists: io9 thoughtfully includes Revenge of the Sith in their list of the best skin-melting scenes from sci-fi. Melting, frying… They’re almost the same thing! (And apparently Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn’t count.)
- Hipsters! Hold onto your Pabst, Star Wars is live (and authorized!) in San Francisco this weekend.
- Funny: You want to read this tale of customer service woe. Just trust me. (Warning: Language.)
- Fan art: The Mona Leia could be yours for only $1225.
- Video: Building the Lego Death Star.
- Ancient history: Early movie piracy with Apple’s Steve Wozniak.
- Lists: Topless Robot counts down Mark Hamill’s ten greatest post-Star Wars roles.
- Graphjam: Possible responses to Padme’s death over time, choices according to Yoda, the CGI uncanny valley, a small moon (and again.)
io9 includes Darth Vader in The Greatest Art Featuring 6 Iconic Scifi Villains. Some of it is fairly old hat (The Vader Project? So 2007!) but there’s always someone shocked by it. Besides, they have a brand-new spiffy robot chart as a consolation prize for those of us a bit too jaded for our own good.