October 27th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
October 15th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Björn Hurri has a number of great steampunk Star Wars drawings he’s sharing over at Gorilla Artfare. I was pretty impressed with his Yoda (clickthrough for the whole thing) and Leia, but there’s plenty more and they’re all fantastic: C-3P0, a jawa, a speeder bike, Jabba the Hutt, Fett, a stormtrooper, Chewbacca, Yoda, Han and Luke.
October 14th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Illustrator Tom Whalen sells prints on Etsy in the Strong Stuff shop, including these two for Star Wars (sold out, sadly) and The Empire Strikes Back. See even more on his site or on DeviantArt. (via)
September 26th, 2008 by Dunc · 1 Comment
September 12th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Politics: When in the GFFA…
- Technology: Phonesaber returns… as a The Force Unleashed tie-in? At least it’s free! Also, people are creating Star Wars vehicles in Spore.
- Lists: io9 thoughtfully includes Revenge of the Sith in their list of the best skin-melting scenes from sci-fi. Melting, frying… They’re almost the same thing! (And apparently Raiders of the Lost Ark doesn’t count.)
- Hipsters! Hold onto your Pabst, Star Wars is live (and authorized!) in San Francisco this weekend.
- Funny: You want to read this tale of customer service woe. Just trust me. (Warning: Language.)
August 1st, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Fan art: The Mona Leia could be yours for only $1225.
- Video: Building the Lego Death Star.
- Ancient history: Early movie piracy with Apple’s Steve Wozniak.
- Lists: Topless Robot counts down Mark Hamill’s ten greatest post-Star Wars roles.
- Graphjam: Possible responses to Padme’s death over time, choices according to Yoda, the CGI uncanny valley, a small moon (and again.)
July 3rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
June 28th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
io9 includes Darth Vader in The Greatest Art Featuring 6 Iconic Scifi Villains. Some of it is fairly old hat (The Vader Project? So 2007!) but there’s always someone shocked by it. Besides, they have a brand-new spiffy robot chart as a consolation prize for those of us a bit too jaded for our own good.