For the budding anthropologists in the room… McSweeny’s has Yub Jub Means “Devour the Weak:” An Authoritative Study of the Ewoks From the Field. (Also noteworthy, though not Star Wars: Selections from H.P. Lovecraft’s Brief Tenure as a Whitman’s Sample Copywriter.)
- Awards: Joshua Budich’s Star Wars collection site, which I blogged about way back in 2007, has won a Webby Award and was the People’s Voice pick in the 13th Annual Webby Awards.
- Art? Poke around to find a private moment with Vader among Ian Pool’s ‘Super’ series.
- Fanmade: Ladies and gents, the Death Star grill.
- At random: “Fake Wedge” from A New Hope is IGN’s Obscure Character of the Day. (via)
- Lists: SciFiNow has five storylines for the live-action show and their ten best Star Wars moments, while Topless Robot counts down the nine greatest fan films ever made.
- Videos: Unreality magazine gathers ten of the best Star Wars parody, remix and mash-up videos. We’ve seen most of these before, but there’s never a bad time for a refresher.
- Fans: Danny Choo, aka the Tokyo Dance Trooper, will be guest-blogging at Boing Boing this week.
- The Blogside: If Children Were More Like Ewoks, I Might Actually Want Some.
- Language: Learn Japanese from… Yoda? (via)
- Lists: Ten things science fiction got wrong.
Comics: There’s a new update from Editor Randy Stradley on Dark Horse’s Star Wars Zone, and it’s of particular interest to you Dark Times fans. A new story will appear (online, for free) in the January and February issues of Dark Horse Presents on MySpace, with the comic coming back into regular rotation with #13 in April. (Thanks, Zee Zee!)
Rebelscum posted their 2008 Costume Contest Winners winners last night. Erin (Maris Brood) and Kristin (Zombie Leia,) above, took first and second place in the adult category. The wee Wicket is Oliver, and while he didn’t place, he is adorable!
Corpsey, noooooo! (via)
OH BILLY DEE NO. (via)