Don’t get your hopes up – it looks like a reissue of the ‘limited edition’ DVDs (for the original trilogy) and standard prequel editions repackaged in two trilogy sets for $49.98 each. Perhaps to coincide with The Clone Wars‘ TV (or DVD?) debut? (via)
August 26th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
June 25th, 2008 by Paula · No Comments
Since I’m a romantic sap, I’m going to kick off this week’s update with pictures from David Hewlett‘s wedding to The Lovely (TM) Jane Loughman. Being a true geek, David knew the importance of getting coverage out online before horrible camera phone pictures snuck out. Best wishes to them both!
More pictures, but this time of the official variety with the official promo shots for Season 5.
June 24th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Also in stores today, the second direct-to-DVD Futurama movie! Featuring Steven Hawking! And tentacles!
June 12th, 2008 by Paula · No Comments
Brad Wright is talking Stargate Continuum. (Careful if you’re avoiding spoilers.) And there’s also the news that we should be hearing something about a proposed new series, Stargate Universe, “pretty soon.” Sweet! (via)
GateWorld interviews Jason Momoa who gives a few more tidbits on upcoming Ronon storylines, the ongoing pain of his hair, vacationing in Hawai’i with Joe Flanigan and, quite by surprise, Rachel Luttrell. He and Joe are now sharing a place in Vancouver as the family-less dads.
May 30th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs will be out on DVD June 24th! (via)
May 29th, 2008 by Paula · No Comments
Yes. It’s been a while. Y’see, there was this trip out to Pegasus. The Apollo developed engine trouble. It was this whole thing….
Okay. Not really. But let’s catch up, shall we?
- Word comes that Ronon‘s dreads will be staying, in spite of the actor’s physical need to have them gone. (The fans were okay with it. Why couldn’t SciFi get over it?)
- Jason Momoa, however, might not be staying past season 6 (assuming they get one). Bummer.
- As if to concern folks a bit more, Jason asked Joe Mallozzi to post pictures of the living room furniture he’s putting up for sale. (No word on how to actually buy it, though, if it’s true and not some Joe snark.)
- In the meantime, Teyla‘s also going through some changes in Season 5. (Slightly spoilery.)
- Discover how Jason’s new dreads wig looks and how Teyla juggles it all when Season 5 premieres on July 11th!
Not to be outdone by a show that’s still on the air, the SG1 news:
April 24th, 2008 by jawajames · 2 Comments
Like no one saw this coming: the second trailer for Indiana Jones and the Crystal King of Skulldom will be coming out on Paramount’s Iron Man on May 1 (which is being pushed forward 4 hours – from a midnight show to 8 pm showings). And the most important news about the Indy IV trailer: It’s 1 minute and 49 seconds. Apparently, they plan to stretch the whole movie out to 2 hours, 20 minutes.
NPR talks to real archaeologists about the most famous fictional archaeologist/treasure hunter. The Arizona Republic looks at Indiana Jones and the need for nostalgia.
Want to see Indiana Jones and the King Skull of Crystaldom before opening day (and can’t afford to go to Cannes)? There’s going to be a charity screening on May 18 in Oklahoma City.
and what’s the latest at StarWars.com about Indiana Jones?
- A quick look at the official commemorative Indiana Jones magazine, available on StarWarsShop.
- The tour of the Young Indiana Jones DVD sets covers the last chapter (but not the last disc. Disc 9 – Hollywood Follies – After working on Broadway, Indy heads out west to Hollywood and works with John Ford, Irving Thalberg and Erich von Stroheim and gets some tips on stunts from Wyatt Earp. Companion documentaries cover von Stroheim, Ford, Thalberg, and the Hollywood moguls.
April 21st, 2008 by Paula · No Comments
Okay, Gate geeks, behold the pretty and the dramatic. We have the teaser trailer for Continuum!
April 20th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
IGN reports a few Star Wars tidbits from the Robot Chicken panel:
- The Robot Chicken: Star Wars DVD will contain two hours of bonus materials.
- And seven commentary tracks!
- The Star Wars special took them fourteen weeks to prepare – an entire season (20 episodes) generally takes eleven months.
The DVD comes out May 20th.
April 9th, 2008 by Paula · No Comments
Word has it that Firefly will soon be heading to BlueRay. And it’s a special edition!
Jewel Staite told a con audience in Australia that she has been asked to come do commentary for the special edition. And TV Guide confirmed it with Fox Home. However, it’s apparently in the very early stages, so don’t go gettin’ all excited. ‘Like to hurt somethin’.