Since I’m a romantic sap, I’m going to kick off this week’s update with pictures from David Hewlett‘s wedding to The Lovely (TM) Jane Loughman. Being a true geek, David knew the importance of getting coverage out online before horrible camera phone pictures snuck out. Best wishes to them both!
More pictures, but this time of the official variety with the official promo shots for Season 5.
Also in stores today, the second direct-to-DVD Futurama movie! Featuring Steven Hawking! And tentacles!
Brad Wright is talking Stargate Continuum. (Careful if you’re avoiding spoilers.) And there’s also the news that we should be hearing something about a proposed new series, Stargate Universe, “pretty soon.” Sweet! (via)
GateWorld interviews Jason Momoa who gives a few more tidbits on upcoming Ronon storylines, the ongoing pain of his hair, vacationing in Hawai’i with Joe Flanigan and, quite by surprise, Rachel Luttrell. He and Joe are now sharing a place in Vancouver as the family-less dads.
Futurama: The Beast with a Billion Backs will be out on DVD June 24th! (via)
Yes. It’s been a while. Y’see, there was this trip out to Pegasus. The Apollo developed engine trouble. It was this whole thing….
Okay. Not really. But let’s catch up, shall we?
- Word comes that Ronon‘s dreads will be staying, in spite of the actor’s physical need to have them gone. (The fans were okay with it. Why couldn’t SciFi get over it?)
- Jason Momoa, however, might not be staying past season 6 (assuming they get one). Bummer.
- As if to concern folks a bit more, Jason asked Joe Mallozzi to post pictures of the living room furniture he’s putting up for sale. (No word on how to actually buy it, though, if it’s true and not some Joe snark.)
- In the meantime, Teyla‘s also going through some changes in Season 5. (Slightly spoilery.)
- Discover how Jason’s new dreads wig looks and how Teyla juggles it all when Season 5 premieres on July 11th!
Not to be outdone by a show that’s still on the air, the SG1 news:
Like no one saw this coming: the second trailer for Indiana Jones and the Crystal King of Skulldom will be coming out on Paramount’s Iron Man on May 1 (which is being pushed forward 4 hours – from a midnight show to 8 pm showings). And the most important news about the Indy IV trailer: It’s 1 minute and 49 seconds. Apparently, they plan to stretch the whole movie out to 2 hours, 20 minutes.
NPR talks to real archaeologists about the most famous fictional archaeologist/treasure hunter. The Arizona Republic looks at Indiana Jones and the need for nostalgia.
Want to see Indiana Jones and the King Skull of Crystaldom before opening day (and can’t afford to go to Cannes)? There’s going to be a charity screening on May 18 in Oklahoma City.
and what’s the latest at StarWars.com about Indiana Jones?
- A quick look at the official commemorative Indiana Jones magazine, available on StarWarsShop.
- The tour of the Young Indiana Jones DVD sets covers the last chapter (but not the last disc. Disc 9 – Hollywood Follies – After working on Broadway, Indy heads out west to Hollywood and works with John Ford, Irving Thalberg and Erich von Stroheim and gets some tips on stunts from Wyatt Earp. Companion documentaries cover von Stroheim, Ford, Thalberg, and the Hollywood moguls.
Okay, Gate geeks, behold the pretty and the dramatic. We have the teaser trailer for Continuum!
IGN reports a few Star Wars tidbits from the Robot Chicken panel:
- The Robot Chicken: Star Wars DVD will contain two hours of bonus materials.
- And seven commentary tracks!
- The Star Wars special took them fourteen weeks to prepare – an entire season (20 episodes) generally takes eleven months.
The DVD comes out May 20th.