A watchable copy of the Regal First Look/International Featurette has finally popped up on teh internets. Woot!
February 25th, 2009 by Yav · 1 Comment
February 6th, 2009 by Yav · 1 Comment
The movie posters for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince have finally made it on to the internet — and look pretty damn cool. Is it July 17 yet?
Finally, The Deathly Hallows was the most borrowed book from UK libraries last year.
December 28th, 2008 by Paula · 2 Comments
Can’t stand the thought of going back to the daily grind after enjoying some holiday time off? Well, Warner Brothers is hosting a sweepstakes to win a trip to the set of the next film.
Another excuse to take some time off. (As if you need one.)
November 11th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
ILM vet to direct Captain America movie. Marvel has signed Joe Johnston (Hidalgo, The Rocketeer) to helm The First Avenger: Captain America. Johnston got his start as an effects illustrator and designer on Star Wars, and also worked on ESB, ROTJ, Raiders, Temple of Doom, Willow, and Young Indy.
- Breaking news from the the forbidden planet of Omega 3: A new Star Trek trailer will be debuting on Quantum of Solace this weekend, but AICN has a description. We do get some new posters, but they’re nothing too exciting.
- Why you do this? We’re not going to get to see Professor Trelawney lobbing crystal balls at Death Eaters because Emma Thompson is picking the Nanny McPhee sequel over Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Not even a quick cameo? Ms. Thompson, why do you hate fun?
- Just imagine the theme song. Beyonce wants to be Wonder Woman. She’s certainly a woman who knows how to dress like something out of a comic book.
- What remains of the X-Men: A synopsis of the Magneto prequel has leaked.
- Much ado about Temeraire: Peter Jackson options Naomi Novik’s Empire of Ivory and Victory of Eagles. (He already has the first three.)
July 29th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
The HP week in review
- Naomi Watts, Joseph Fiennes, and Stuart Townsend are not going to be in Half-Blood Prince, their agents say. But I read it it on the internet!
- John Ostrander on HP alternatives.
- Amy H. Sturgis recs political analysis of Potter.
- Slate’s Book Club dissects Deathly Hallows
- Would you send your kids to Hogwarts?
- Fans translate Hallows into Spanish.
- “Yes, Virginia, there is a Potterdammerung.” But nothing beats the Russian Snape fans who burn a copy of DH. Dude. We’re crazy, but not that crazy.
- A mind-cleansing LOLcat.
July 26th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
The first part of the Today Show’s interview with JK Rowling has aired. The second part airs on Friday.
Summary article (for those of us who are still at work ::cough::) and video can be found on their website.
Here there be SPOILERS. (Don’t say we didn’t warn you.)
July 25th, 2007 by Dunc · Comments Off
July 24th, 2007 by Paula · Comments Off
JK Rowling, chief instigator of the Potterdämmerung, will be appearing on NBC’s Today Show on Thursday and Friday. And (according to NBC’s teaser article) she’s now feeling free to discuss some key decisions.
Don’t go there if you’re not done reading!
July 24th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
I just happened to run across this, I swear: Seventy-two million copies. The world really isn’t going to shut up about Harry, are they? God help us all.
Speaking of, Andrew Wheeler and the Dozen Potter Stories.
Hell, not even the Sith are immune.
July 23rd, 2007 by Dunc · 4 Comments
Perhaps we slightly overestimated the whole Potterdämmerung thing. Live and learn! In any case, this is the last time I’m googling it.
All is well
- Deathly Hallows sets sales records. 8.3 million copies in 24 hours, and that’s just Scholastic. Globally, an estimated 20 million.
- Reviews: AP calls it a ‘fitting finale’; Entertainment Weekly, ‘stunningly beautiful;’ BBC, an ‘entirely fulfilling end.’
- Is Potter on track to being the biggest franchise of all time?
- Did Deathly Hallows harm Order of the Phoenix at the box office?