Comics: There’s a new update from Editor Randy Stradley on Dark Horse’s Star Wars Zone, and it’s of particular interest to you Dark Times fans. A new story will appear (online, for free) in the January and February issues of Dark Horse Presents on MySpace, with the comic coming back into regular rotation with #13 in April. (Thanks, Zee Zee!)
December 2nd, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
November 13th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Bad news, folks – The Essential Atlas release date has moved from February to July. Still confident we’ll see it… eventually. (Thanks for the heads-up, Zee Zee!)
- Fate of the Jedi: Sue Rostoni says the covers will be similar to the Rebel Force covers… I can’t say I find that encouraging, with the Rebel Force covers being the epitome of bland. But maybe not being able to directly copy movie-era stills will lend the format some oomph.
- The Old Republic: MMO game fighting will be “choreographed.” Like in West Side Story? Because that would be awesome.
→ 3 CommentsFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: cover art · dan wallace · essential atlas · essential guides · fate of the jedi · jason fry · street dates · sue rostoni · the old republic (mmo)
August 4th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
A mockup of The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia was on display at SDCC so little of this is really a surprise, But: Three volumes! Full-color artwork! November release! Signed copies! A timeline!
Okay, maybe the signed thing. And the timeline. Try and resist, Wookieepedians…
→ No CommentsFiled: expanded universe
Tagged: bob vitas · chris cassidy · complete encyclopedia · dan wallace · josh kushins · mary franklin · pablo hidalgo · steve sansweet
June 29th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
I try to only listen to about one podcast a year – life, or rather, the amount of it I allot to blogging, is far too short – but I couldn’t avoid the latest Force-Cast since it’s basically an extended interview with Lucasfilm’s Head of Fan Relations, Steve Sansweet. (Yes, it was worth it, though the intro… I need to paraphrase Lorelei Gilmore: Shorten it, decute it.) Anyway, here’s what I learned:
- A bit about about Celebration Japan – and C5. (Listen for yourself, or see previous entry.)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia is a project of not just Steve and Pablo, but an entire team – containing such luminaries as Dan Wallace, Bob Vitas, Mary Franklin and… Chris Cassidy!
- The Encyclopedia will contain “close to a million words” and their intention is not to create new canon (at least not on purpose) but to “take advantage of what’s out there.”
- Steve has another collecting book in the pipeline… Not a price guide, there’s one of those coming from Gus Lopez and Duncan Jenkins.
- There’s no Grievous in The Clone Wars movie – his presence in the trailer is due to tv show footage.
- Host Jimmy Mac sings Steve a song. It’s mildly amusing.
The podcast on the whole is a manageable 23 minutes, so I would recommend you listen to it yourself – at least if you want to hear more about Celebration Japan or the Encyclopedia.
→ 2 CommentsFiled: expanded universe · fandom · lucasfilm · people
Tagged: chris cassidy · collecting · complete encyclopedia · dan wallace · gus lopez · interviews · mary franklin · pablo hidalgo · podcasts · steve sansweet · tfn
June 26th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
- Preview: Library Journal has a first look at The Art and Making of The Force Unleashed. (via) Meanwhile, you can take a peek at the contents of DK’s Ultimate Blueprints Collection on Amazon. (via)
- Random: Dan Wallace wordles The New Essential Chronology.
- The Clone Wars: TFN catalogs the exhaustive amount of tie-in books for The Clone Wars.
June 11th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Over at RandomHouse.com, there’s a new release date for Dan Wallace and Jason Fry’s The Essential Atlas – February 25, 2009. (It was previously in for this September.) On the plus side, we learn that it will total 256 pages, just a tad heftier than Wallace’s New Essential Chronology.
February 13th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Dan Wallace blogs that The Essential Atlas has made it through the first round of editing, and shares a handful of quotes. Said information will no doubt be up on the Wookieepedia with the hour, if it isn’t already.
November 1st, 2007 by Dunc · No Comments
Dan Wallace points out Wired’s latest cover story on manga and how it pertains to Star Wars fandom and fanfic.
October 10th, 2007 by Dunc · No Comments
- Fandom: Brooklyn fan builds Sandcrawler to action figure scale. (via)
- Expanded Universe: Dan Wallace talks up co-author Jason Fry’s planet database.
- Events: Second Annual DCSWCC Roadshow this Saturday.
- Crafts: Motorcycle safety the Mandolorian way
- Pretties: More sketch card madness from Topps.
- People: Dave Prowse manages rock band. (via)
October 5th, 2007 by Dunc · No Comments
TOS gives us a first look at ETA on The Essential Atlas from Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace. And we have a release date: June 2008. The Wookieepedians must be drooling…