This second set of Etsy finds this week highlights things you wear and carry. Corsets, hats, buttons… Anything you can imagine, someone has no doubt made it. (No jewelery, but everything I saw this time I’ve already blogged about.)
Back in December, Joss Whedon was interviewed by Kim Werker of Crochet Me. They discussed his thoughts on what he describes as the ‘desperate rivalry between knitters and crocheters’, why crafters should watch Firefly, his secret past as a crocheter and knitter, and of course the ever popular Jayne Hat.
How did Kim score the interview? By getting the entire geekcraft community to shout for his attention, of course.
Waaaay back in the distant past of geekdom, lots of people were knitting Dr. Who scarves, a tradition that has re-ignited. There are lots of patterns floating around on the web. Check out the pattern roundup if you need help figuring out how to knit a garter stitch scarf.
Y’know, I’m starting to suspect that Dunc has a secret yearning to be crafty, in the Hobby Lobby kinda sense, at least. She keeps coming across this nifty stuff that really has to be shared. Since there are many crafty types on Club Jade (who are actually out of the closet, that is), we present them to you here:
Okay. You’d rather stick with the needle arts?
– Ease yourself out of Harry Potter and back into the Star Wars galaxy by knitting your favorite baby a felted Yoda hat
– Money woes preventing you from buying that new game system? Embroider your own!
– Don’t forget to crochet some games to go with it, while you’re at it
– Is sewing more your thing? How about hitchhiking across the galaxy with this really nifty Planetoid Purse?
Alright. Your skills lie elsewhere. Like food maybe?
– Make your favorite geek’s snacktime special with Circuitry Snacks
– Or ramp up the classiness of your wedding with this Mario cake or an entire XBox!
If you are geekily crafty, we’d love to share it. Just drop us a line!