The Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department and the FBI apprehended the alleged thief with the help of an ‘unnamed member of the online press,’ IESB reports. The stolen property included production stills and a budget breakdown, and the thief was asking a mere $2,000 for the stolen goods.
Millions of gamers suddenly cried out in horror upon discovering that the Star Wars game for Wii is just the Lego Star Wars re-release. Poor, poor gamers.
Alderaan shot first
- Hollywood Chewbacca in the news again. Assaulting Marilyn Monroe? For shame!
- Darth Vader gets (Dis)Honorable Mention on a Five Fictional Geekdads list.
- Seven coolest geeks on television. I think Bonnie’s interviewed at least half of them on starwars.com, so it counts.
- Times Online catches up with some fans heading to Celebration Europe.
- 1100 great movie robots
- Oh, and George is still hanging around Yale.
What all of fandom was predicting has finally come to pass: An R2-D2 mailbox has been stolen, along with all the mail inside it. (via starwars.)
501st: Mark Fordham of Utah in Rob Walker’s ‘Consumed’ column in The New York Times.
Irate Wookiee: Our headbutting friend gets around – papers all over the world are picking up the story. I’m sure LFL is overjoyed.
A Staten Island school bus driver organized a Star Wars fight club among the kids on his bus (The Death Cheese.) He called himself ‘The Emperor’ and gave the winning kids names (titles?) like Darth, Sith Warrior and Jabba. Because nothing says Star Wars like kids beating each other up on the bus. (via Gawker)
A man dressed as Darth Vader mugs a pizza man. But did he come complete with special effects?