July 23rd, 2010 by Dunc · 2 Comments
A man dressed as Darth Vader robbed a Long Island bank on Thursday. The Empire’s response, via DeathStarPR:
The Galactic Empire categorically and emphatically denies Lord Vader’s involvement in the alleged robbery and quite frankly, we find these allegations offensive. Several reliable witnesses can confirm that at the time of the robbery, Darth Vader was busy brutally murdering a Jedi cell in a galaxy far, far away.
They go on to use “Darth Vader’s’ fashion choices as proof. However, Darth Vader claims he is at Comic-Con. What is the real story? Stay tuned…
UPDATE: Chad also denys.
Filed: fandom · geek life · star wars
Tagged: chad vader · crime · darth vader
May 7th, 2009 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Do you take this fan… Two Star Wars weddings made it on the internet this week! The first, in the UK, featuring a full party of costumed guests. The second, in the Philippines, features a stormtrooper-inspired gown, at right… And lightsabers. Naturally.
Filed: fandom · star wars
Tagged: crime · geeks in love · lando · shoes · stormtroopers
December 10th, 2008 by Dunc · 4 Comments
A man trying to rob an Arkansas gas station by sneaking through the bathroom ceiling told police that his name was “Jason Solo” before fingerprints revealed his true identity. (via)
Filed: expanded universe
Tagged: crime · jacen solo
December 4th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
People: Samuel L. Jackson received the American Cinematheque award earlier this week, along praise from George Lucas, Denzel Washington and Justin Timberlake .
Even Artoo and Threepio showed up!
- Har har har: The Los Angeles Times has a bailout plan for Star Wars. My only question is, does George have a private jet?
- Books: Looking for some light reading? Lawrence Lessig’s Remix: Making Art and Culture Thrive in the Hybrid Economy touches at least a little on Star Wars copyright issues, according to The Mercury News review. In any case, it looks like a must-read for anyone with copyright concerns.
- Crime: Chewbacca Calvin Johnson of Georgia is racking up quite a criminal record. (Thanks, Paula.)
- Travel: Wired takes a look at geek hotels, starting with the Sidi Driss and continuing with some places a little closer to home.
Tagged: artoo · copyright · crime · george lucas · samuel l jackson · sidi driss · threepio
May 14th, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Filed: fandom · star wars
Tagged: box office · crime · geeks in love · indy iv · jedi religion · revenge of the sith · the force unleashed
April 16th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Filed: people · star wars
Tagged: crime · darth vader · harrison ford · lightsabers
April 3rd, 2008 by Dunc · No Comments
Filed: gaming · star wars
Tagged: crime · education · spoofs · the force unleashed · video
February 10th, 2008 by Dunc · 2 Comments
- In what is, believe it or not, the least disturbing story of the entry, a man named Landocalrissan Butler led police on a high-speed car chase in Poughkeepsie on Thursday. (via)
- Arizona man who planned Super Bowl shooting disdained earlier target as being too near a hive of “scum and villainy.”
- Arson suspect used online handle of Jediknight12345 to brag about burning down a church and attached school. Jedi Knighting: UR DOIN IT WRONG.
Filed: star wars
January 16th, 2008 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Filed: fandom · people · tv
Tagged: awards · crime · george lucas · reality tv · video
October 5th, 2007 by Dunc · 1 Comment
Filed: expanded universe · fandom · gaming · people · star wars
Tagged: art · bantha tracks · billy dee williams · carrie fisher · chewbacca · crime · harrison ford · hyperspace · interviews · kids · master replicas · merchandise · natalie portman · renegade squadron · rick mccallum · saga order