Coming soon from Camelot Fabrics… New bedspread, anyone?
May 2nd, 2013 by Dunc · 4 Comments
March 1st, 2012 by Dunc · No Comments
February 9th, 2012 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Craftster member BenaeQuee made these supremely nerdy decoupage shoes using some “well-loved” 80′s Star Wars comic books. She writes:
I used 10 comic books and poured over the endless panels cutting out various images that appealed to me. Chewie, R2D2, and the Millennium Falcon were ones that I cut out a lot. I found a great piece of Vader dueling shirtless, buff, Luke *hehe* that is the statement on the outside of the left shoe.
The left shoe is the battle between the Rebellion and the Empire. The right shoe is strictly the Rebellion forces. The sole edges are painted in a glittery black paint that reminds me of the night sky (visible in the original picture size linked below) and the upper edges are finished in a black cloth tape and a pin stripe of chrome paint. The heel tip is also finished with the chrome paint.
Later in the comments, she says she used “Liquitex Gloss Medium and Varnish” to seal them, but hopes to use a sealant spray as well. (Can you be too careful?) Seems like a fun project to emulate!
January 26th, 2012 by Dunc · 2 Comments
Reader Travis Hatfield alerted us to yet more Star Wars fabrics on the horizon, via online retailer Fat Quarter Shop. These Original Trilogy patterns are from Camelot Cottons and are, yes, 100% cotton and coming in April.
Alas, the linked selections seems to be their only Star Wars offering at the moment.
January 17th, 2012 by Paula · 5 Comments
It’s heaven for fabric hunters! I just got back from Joann Fabrics and Crafts where there were loads of designs we hadn’t seen before from Eugene Fabrics.
In addition to the fabrics spotted previously, there were:
- Three polar fleece designs in Clone Wars, Original Trilogy (in cartoon style) and a black and white Vader.
- In Clone Wars, there were two flannels; one in blue tones and another in green.
- A cotton of nothing but Marvel comics covers.
- An OT ships design to complement the Clone Wars ships design released last year.
- A black and white cotton with OT characters Vader, Yoda, Artoo, Threepio and Luke.
Sadly, it’s not showing up on their website for ordering, yet. But if you have a store near you they should be able to order it for you.
Even sadder is the complete dearth of “girly” fabric designs. Did they not like how quickly the Leia fabric disappeared the last time? And more smaller designs would be helpful for us quilters. But it’s new stuff! So, overall…Yay!
January 9th, 2012 by Paula · 4 Comments
There are reports of some new Star Wars fabrics being spotted in the wilds of Joann Fabrics and Crafts that haven’t made it online, yet. Kaithriona reports in the Geekcraft LiveJournal that they’re 100% flannel.
There are three designs, including a large design Clone Wars pattern, a large design classic trilogy pattern and a small repeating Star Wars logo with Imperial symbol.
It’s always exciting to get new fabrics; although it’s a shame that they don’t seem to be coordinating them very well with past releases. But at least there’s something new to play with.
August 24th, 2011 by Dunc · 1 Comment
August 19th, 2011 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Club Jade tends to keep it simple when we do piñatas (Death Star, Alderaan) so I can’t help but be charmed by these two far more complicated Star Wars ones – the Millennium Falcon and a TIE fighter – by Etsy seller Antonio Sanchez. (via)
July 12th, 2011 by jawajames · No Comments
1800Recycling.com blogged up a list of Star Wars vehicles made from recycled materials, and one of our Craft-athlon entries was included “Seven Awesome DIY Star Wars Vehicles.”
Michelle Brzozowski’s Red Leader X-Wing, made from a paper towel tube, chopsticks, empty glue stick tubes and more, flies high on the list, which also includes a working robotic AT-ST, the office supply X-Wing, the TIE Fighter made of Starbucks waste, and more. Reduce, Reuse, Rebel!
May 28th, 2011 by Dunc · 3 Comments
Since it’s a holiday weekend – at least here in the U.S! – and we all have other things going on, here’s a quick sweep through the week’s best fannish links.
- Arkansas, of all places, has a Star Wars-themed grilled cheese food truck. Sandwiches include the “Cheebacca” and “Jack to the Future.” (Photo by redditpoweruser.)
- Vulture has a history of the movie prequel. There’s also how to make a sequel, but Star Wars doesn’t get a mention. Perhaps because The Empire Strikes Back ruined everything?
- Go offbeat with home decor that channels the Death Star and a Star Wars wedding down under. (Nice choice for a wedding dress!)
- Utah Vader and co. profiled in The Salt Lake Tribune
- Make a X-Wing soapbox derby car or an “I know” embroidery case.
- Brand Wars: From Sith, Jedi, and Vader to everything in-between.
- io9 takes a look back at “Lapti Nek.“