- Pablo’s Behind-The-Scenes Stage will host panels on Fate of the Jedi, Knight Errant (with exclusive,) ’30 Years of Lucasfilm Licensing with Howard Roffman’ and Gary Kurtz, all on Saturday.
- Author panels on writing in the Project Room & Lecture Hall from Troy Denning (Friday at 5:30), Christie Golden (Saturday at 3:30) and Aaron Allston (Saturday at 5:00)
- Get started early on the EU when ‘Star Wars Galaxy with the Essential Guides’ will take over the Behind-The-Scenes Stage on Thursday at 1:30. CJ’s own Helen Keier will be making her first Celebration apperance along with fellow writers Jason Fry, Pablo Hidalgo, Dan Wallace, and Ryder Windham, plus artists Chris Reiff and Chris Trevas and Del Rey editor Erich Schoeneweiss. Could we get an announcement or two?
- EU Cantina is hosting a Friday panel on The Essential Atlas.
- Bryan Young (The Star Wars Examiner, Big Shiny Robot) is moderating “Why We Love the Prequels,” also on Friday.
- And last but by no means least, ‘Fandom in 140 Words or Less: Social Media and Star Wars Fandom,’ hosted by TFN’s Mandy and Eric Sunday at 2:30 in the Project Room & Lecture Hall. Your humble panelists include Bonnie Burton, Meagan Finnerty, Kyle Newman, James Arnold Taylor and…. Moi. WHOO-HOO!
But wait! That’s not all!
- Celebration V apps are now available in the Apple Store and Android Market. I downloaded it on my iPhone and found it rather underwhelming: Hopefully a schedule and map is in the cards.
- The merchandise catalog has also surfaced, so make your game plan.
- Meet the tattoo artists and make appointments…
- More artists! Sign up for speed dating… If you dare!
And I still probably forgot something. You know what to do.
Last Tuesday brought us the fifth Fate of the Jedi novel, Christie Golden’s Allies, which no doubt means this is a bit late for the early adopters. But one thing is for sure: There’s a lot going on in this book, and the reaction is sure to be… Interesting. Head under the cut to vote, and watch for (possible) spoilers in the comments. Continue reading
Head out to the bookstore today to pick up the fifth volume of Fate of the Jedi, Christie Golden’s Allies. Also on the shelves is Golden’s Star Wars debut and the second Fate of the Jedi novel, Omen in paperback.
An audio excerpt of Christie Golden’s Allies – the fifth book of the series, out on the 25th – is up at Random House.
In related news, Sue Rostoni has revealed on the boards that Kenth Hamner, not Saba Sebatyne as previously announced, will get the back cover spot on the sixth book, Denning’s Vortex. (It’s due out in December.) A model has been hired, so presumably he won’t be a dead ringer for William Shatner this time around.
The fourth free eBook novella and Fate of the Jedi tie-in from John Jackson Miller went up on StarWars.com tonight. And even if the Sith don’t do anything for you, don’t forget this contains our first look at Christie Golden’s Fate of the Jedi: Allies.
Sue Rostoni was out on the boards today, and though she didn’t say much, she did say that Zekk, left adrift after the cancellation of the standalone Blood Oath, will make an appearance in Fate of the Jedi. She also clarified that the lack of an epic series post-FOTJ will not mean any less books.
Meanwhile, in the fan realm, TFN has a source that claims we’ll find out the fate of a familiar face in book five, Golden’s Allies.
I don’t find this particularly worrying, mainly because Backlash is an Allston book. Sorry, I misread this originally, and honestly now I’m a lot more doubtful of this ‘spoiler.’ Not because of Golden, but because it seems too early for Allies ARCs, the most likely source for something like this.
In any case, this news is going to be blown totally out of proportion by the fandom. Thanks, Paul. :P
NJOE spotted a blurb for Fate of the Jedi: Allies – the fifth book in the series, and second by Christie Golden – on Amazon.co.uk. The second half sounds like it could be a bit spoilery for Backlash, so highlight to read.
In the middle novel of the bestselling nine-book “Star Wars” series “Fate of the Jedi”, an uneasy – and unprecedented – coalition of Jedi and Sith enter the dark and treacherous area of space known as the Maw to search out the strange being that has been reaching out to Luke Skywalker during his journey to retrace the travels of his late nephew, Jacen Solo. Forced to wait on the planet Klatooine for reinforcements from Lando Calrissian, this already fragile alliance is threatened by the presence of the Hutts, and while Leia, Han, Jaina, and Jag walk a fine line between obeying the law of the Galactic Alliance and supporting Luke, Jedi Ben Skywalker and Sith Apprentice Vestara Khai may be the ones to lead the mission to triumph – or disaster.
Allies is due out May 25.