The Navajo-dubbed version of A New Hope will be shown at Celebration Anaheim, along with “never-before-seen documentary footage” and a Q&A session with some of the people involved.
Behind the Celebration Anaheim poster, first look at badges. StarWars.com speaks to artist Craig Drake about his work for the con. There’s a Rebels variation, but I wonder how long we’ll have the wait for The Force Awakens one? (Presumably after we get a real teaser poster..?)
Discounted Disneyland tickets for Celebration Anaheim attendees. The tickets will only be valid April 13-April 24.
Season 2 of Rebels to premiere at Celebration Anaheim. Dave Filoni and the lion’s share of the show’s cast will be there as well.
It may not be the ‘trailer’ we’re waiting for – this Celebration Anaheim video won’t tell you anything you don’t already know. But it will make you really want to go to Celebration. Most of the footage seems to come from Celebration Europe in Germany and Celebration VI in Orlando.
News? Well, there’s the artist list, which includes plenty of familiar names.
Celebration Anaheim (or, as known to us rebels, Celebration VII) now has a poster, revealed on Hero Complex. And it looks like sales are good:
“It’s going to be really interesting, because we are way ahead with ticket sales from where we usually are this far out,” said Mary Franklin, senior events and fan relations lead for Lucasfilm. “I feel safe saying this is going to be the biggest one yet.”
Mary goes on to play coy about The Force Awakens stuff at the con, but… We know, Mary. We know.
Lest we forget there’s a Celebration coming up in the spring, StarWars.com has provided us with a few deadlines and reminders.
First of all, Dave Filoni is, once again, the convention’s first confirmed guest. Because of course Dave Filoni is going to be there. By April, we’ll presumably have seen the first season of Rebels and be all geared up to hear about the second.
Also returning is Gus Lopez and his Collecting Track and the Art Show. What’s new is a Podcast Stage, which is bound to be… Something. There’s also deadlines for fan programming submissions, fan-built props and fan tables. Media registration opens October 15.
Don’t forget about A Force for Change – if you enter by today, you’ll also have a chance to win a trip for two to Celebration Anaheim! Maybe not as great as going to the Episode VII set, but still pretty cool.
The new Insider has named the stage hosts for next year’s Celebration Anaheim. Returning are James Arnold Taylor (Celebration Stage,) David Collins (Digital Stage) and Gus Lopez (Collecting Track.) There are new hosts for the Behind-The-Scenes stage, which has been the domain of Pablo Hidalgo for the past several cons: Jason Swank and Jimmy Mac McInerney of RebelForce Radio. Is Pablo too busy with his Story Team duties? Will he only be acting as a panelist, in line with his Story Team duties? We worry.
Jedi News’ Jedi Master SQL has emerged yet again for a lengthy Q&A about Episode VII. There’s a fair amount of speculation on his part, but here are the bullet points:
- Lucasfilm is sitting on “a stack of news that could be released at any moment that they please.”
- On returning actors, he’s “only seen evidence for one of [the Big 3] having signed,” and it “would not surprise me if they did not all come back for Episode VII but maybe came back at varying points in the new trilogy.” Last time we heard from him he said Harrison Ford’s deal was nearly in place.
- He says “the Expanded Universe won’t be disappearing anytime soon,” Dark Horse is likely to keep the comic license and “you can expect to see their logo on a lot of very different Star Wars products than just comics.”
- He hints “The Old Republic has added a planet that has long been mentioned but never seen on film,” and that has something to do with Episode VII. (UPDATE: Lightsaber Rattling thinks this may be Corellia, which will be familiar to EU fans but has never been seen on screen.)
- As for new actors, he says an “exceptional level of work going into finding the right cast for the new films.” Names he’s recently heard attached to roles are Emmanuelle Chriqui, Alexis Dziena, and American Horror Story’s Taissa Farmiga.
He also chatted about the next Celebration, saying that it may be the launchpad for the real Episode VII blitz.
So that’s a few things to chew on… but as always, just rumors!